Fiat Ducatto 665f Roof Pool

stevec176

My wife and I have recently purchased our first motorhome and we are generally pleased with it except that when it rains a large pool forms on the roof and doesn't drain away until I drive off. The pool is formed on the rear nearside corner just where the aerial is fitted. There is a channel that runs across the roof and stops the water running away, has anone else had the same problem and how have they resolved it?

Welcome to the forum.

When parked at home a simple answer is to raise any two wheels enough to cause the water to run off.

Timber of a suitable thickness and big enough to take the tyre area, leave them at home when you travel.

Presumably you have a Rapido motorhome.....the base vehicle is the Ducato and the motorhome bit is the Rapido 665f.

It's always best to say otherwise the first question is 'what MH is it?' :-D

As suggested it happens with many MHs and the majority tend to ignore it, as I also do!!

Good Luck in your travels. :-D

Depends on what the problem is ?

If its ponding water, the park on ramps is the best solution, especially if you are in cold weather where the pond may become an ice rink.

If it's a case that you get a neck full of water, when getting in and out of the m/home. You can buy a self adhesive gutter that can be stuck above the door.

The older Rapidos had gutters than ran about 100mm below the roofline and discharged to the front and rear, but I think the 665 is the new slightly more rectangular shape may not have this feature.

Rgds

Whats the van? Water pooling on the roof is more a feature in PVC's than on Coachbuilts due to the roof ribs and a bad manufacturer habit of locating rooflights so as to completely block off channels.

I know there is a model 665 Trigano Tribute PVC as well as the previously mentioned Rapido CB.

On my old 650 Trigano water used to pool on the cross-drain because the Mfr had stuck 2 rooflights, one for toilet, one for kitchen in this location. I 'fixed' this with some mastic, area was 10"x4" layered it up over a couple of days. A bit crude, yes, but it did solve the issue and having your rooflight mastic near-permanently sat in a pool of water is not good.

Nigel

Archived