Moving with the times......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Actually the fold out handle and wheels appear to be quite sturdy, I'd say even more sturdy than those orange T bar type........That said I've not used it yet as we're on gravel.....and I didn't want to scratch it :D ......

With regard to sack trucks, I bought one of those suitcase type after I nearly had a coronary on a huge French campsite, as the only dump point could not of been further from our pitch *-) ......

It worked fine, but now use the wife's shopping trolley as the bag bit comes off, so a multi use bit of kit ;-) ......

Bulletguy - 2016-07-02 12:14 PM

Based on the photos the Thetford wheelie cassette doesn't look very substantial to me. The wheels are much too small and too close together making it useless for anything other than hard surfaces. I doubt it would withstand much use before one of the wheels gave way. The price difference between a non-wheeled and wheeled version is just seven quid so i suppose if your cassette is completely knackered, then people will pay the extra seven quid for wheels.

The sack-truck i bought off ebay primarily for mauling the toilet cassette which as we all know, when full, can weigh a fair bit and that's not fun when the disposal point is a 10 min walk from the van! Before buying i scoured local stores but surprised not to find any of the type i wanted at all. They are very popular on ebay and it's easy to find identical to mine selling at a higher price.

Panel van space is always at a premium so size was an important factor. Those with CB's etc with large 'garages' don't even need think about it. I measured up everything so knew exactly where it would fit which it does.....in the gap between the back door and kitchen end, so it's not even using up any floor or cupboard space.

It's well constructed and the 'foldability' is pure genius. The wheels are 5" diam, thick, and well mounted.....good for all surfaces.

And, the sack-truck is useful for other uses, such as transporting beach paraphernalia, gas cylinders, water containers, shopping trips by foot etc.

Agree, the wheeled toilet cassettes do struggle on anything less than a smooth surface.

We have the bench type toilet with the larger C2 cassette, which is handy when wilding. To transport it, I use the shopping trolley with a purpose made wooden board clipped on to the frame. It is lightweight and fairly sturdy.

The shopping bag itself can be removed for cassette duties or slipped back on when needed.

Archived