Scotland. The 51st State. A reality ?

Will86

A very plausible option.

Many areas of Scotland are already owned by the US, having contributed millions of dollars. They would certainly like a serious association with Europe and this could be their entry.

Make no mistake the visit by Trump is no casual call, the US have always sought a foothold into Europe and Scotland is their answer.

Guest pelmetman

If they thought Vietnam was bad 8-) ..........

Wait until they come face to face with every orifice with a midge :-S ..........

pelmetman - 2016-06-25 4:22 PM

If they thought Vietnam was bad 8-) ..........

Wait until they come face to face with every orifice with a midge :-S ..........

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - don't tell 'em - it's what we call the 'special relationship' especially for the US!

Large parts of Scotland are owned by many people and organisations, the Queen and the Crown Estates being just one/two. Oligargs, Z list celebs, book writers etc all have purchased their bits of our country over the years, so the Yanks may find that they would be just one of many. I am sure the same situation applies in England as well.

Actually there was a time when I felt that the UK joining Uncle Sam was a better option than the EU as it was as big a land mass etc and had the advantage of a single language. An organsiation of just 2 partners, or 3 if we icluded Canada would be simpler than 28, plus it would have been great fun to make faces at the French and tell them, 'if you do not like it, our big brother will come and thump you'. I could also be happy to be paid in Dollars as the US Reserve is probably better managed than our useless Treasury.

However, I doubt the Yanks would want us, except if they have a war on their hands.

Guest pelmetman
Will86 - 2016-06-25 4:14 PM

A very plausible option.

Many areas of Scotland are already owned by the US, having contributed millions of dollars. They would certainly like a serious association with Europe and this could be their entry.

Make no mistake the visit by Trump is no casual call, the US have always sought a foothold into Europe and Scotland is their answer.

Considering that much of London is now owned by the rest of the world........Surely that is another reason why all their threats are worthless ;-) .........

Are they really going to devalue their investments?........

Guest pelmetman
Dave225 - 2016-06-25 4:30 PM

However, I doubt the Yanks would want us, except if they have a war on their hands.

How very true...........We have long since past our use(ful) by date with the Yanks *-) .........We're now classed as Poodles :-| ..........

It really wouldn't be a good fit.

To an American, a bottle of wine before dinner constitutes a drink problem. To a Scot, it's just a decent start before going out to the pub.

Marry that to being able to buy a gun at the off-license, could be very messy.

Archived