3.5kg Deluxe Twin Tub Portable Washing Machine Spin Dryer

woodseaves

From what I witnessed on a sites in Spain, gallons of hot water are taken from the dish wash up area taps to feed these units. It ended up on one site that the hot water was disconnected. The site washing machines were €3, yet these greedy people spoiled it for all.

Edit After the hot water was turned off we my wife noticed a gent in the ladies toilet shower holding a bucket up to the shower head to get hot water. Pretty sad.

Woodseaves

If this is the machine you have in mind

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5kg-Deluxe-Twin-Tub-Portable-Washing-Machine-Spin-Dryer-Camping-Student-Home-/222124278679?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

the details indicate that it is designed to be connectable to a hot tap. However, there’s a comment relating to this similar type of washer

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3686050.htm

saying that ‘jug filling’ with hot water is possible.

Waste of money IMO. Even if you wild camp, you can go to a site for 1 night and use the washer. I have seen one used in Spain, where there was machines available at 3 euros. Much easier to put clothes in a machine and leave to wash, You have to physically move the clothes from one barrel to the other, like the old twin tubs. Unless you have a garage type van, where would you keep it any way.

PJay

starvin marvin - 2016-06-29 1:38 PM

When we're in Spain or Portugal we use laundries, a few are self service, most others are service washes. Why on earth would you wish to wash your own clothes?.......you're supposed to be on holiday for goodness sake.

Quite right, we have also seen, mainly Brits using these machines in Spain.

However at nearly £100 for the machine you can enjoy a very large number of perfectly good machine washes (even with the Euro where it is at present) before you break even. Looks very bulky to store as well. Not cost effective in my view.

Rayjsj - 2016-06-29 10:40 AM

Great for full timers, but of limited use for anyone else.IMHO.

Is that anyone else or everyone else, I fall into the latter group and although money is not so much of an issue (please no comments) two weeks ago in France I paid £15 to do towels and "smalls". I paid the money and it didn't matter. I will use it to wash small items because that is all the machine will take which makes it just as limited for 'full timers' as it is for the rest of us.

It fits very snugly into the garage which has it's own 230v supply and a hole in the deck for the drain. Lovely.

hi woodseaves, i think your question got answered above, if you think you need it get it, us we go away 3/4 month at a time so we use campsite washers once a week maybe, but in between the wife does the smalls etc in the sink handwash seems to work for us, but each to there own

happy travels

Jonathan

PS i would add this year in february the missus nearly got into a fight with a German woman on a campsite in Alicante cos there were people waiting for the washers and this German just pushed in and hijacked the washer after the wife had waited 2 hour LOL all good fun

We also considered one of these twin tubs for UK use but whilst they have suit our needs overseas, the problem that comes in the UK is how to dry the washing. Yes, it could be a dry day and you have to plan around this but then it's not always warm enough to do any drying. We also looked at putting a domestic spin dryer in the shower room to remove most of the water from the clothes but it still left us with how to dry the washing completely without having the heating on in the MH and having everything draped over hangers etc..

Abroad? Not a problem and would heartily recommend a twin tub for smalls but beware that they don't spin that well.

Hi

I bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CR7EQTO/ref=aw_cr_item?si=277-9903340-3827554

My review on amazon. I bought from same seller on eBay as express postage was cheaper via eBay.

My reasons for buying is that waiting for the laundrette breaks up the day too much, and I go on holiday for climbing /hillwalking purposes, don't like to wait for a washer. Sits in shower tray and runs off inverter.

Nigel

14676490068590.jpg.6826eb1a4d395bc667e947112cab3cc2.jpg

Archived