Having problem with fan warning light

Belerogirl

It could be a common issue referred to as 'phantom dash' where random warnings lights glimmer, particulary when in cruise control.

If so, it's a well-known issue and is solved only by fitting a new instrument panel, hopefully under warranty.

Your Fiat dealer will be well aware of the issue as thousands of panels have been changed.

The well established earth connection failure can also be a contributory cause and as it is both cheap and easy to remedy that would be my first job and then ast least if it does mot help it will be one thing eliminated as well as a worthwhile improvement.

Instrument-panel warning lights should not illuminate faintly.

As Steve has said, dully glowing instrument-panel warning lights and the illumination of spurious warning lights have been common problems with current-model (manufactured mid-2014 onwards) Fiat Ducatos, but there have also been reports of the fault occurring on the preceding Ducato model (manufactured mid-2006 to 2014).

Swift has been making “Bolero” motorhomes since 2007. If Bolerogirl’s motorhome is based on the current model Ducato the vehicle is likely to be under warranty still and - if the problem is demonstrated to a Fiat Professional agent - there should be no difficulty having the instrument-panel replaced free of charge (a 10 minute job) with a revised panel. (I’m told that a new panel’s list-price is over £700.)

If Bolerogirl’s Bolero is the older model and well out of warranty I don’t know what Fiat’s attitude to instrument-panel replacement is nowadays.

...whilst all of the above is true, the first thing to check is whatever the light would be warning you about if it is working correctly!

I'm assuming that this is a dash warning light, and the only reference I can find to one that has a "fan" symbol is for the pre-2006 Ducato, and indicates low engine coolant..

I'm not even sure that the Bolero was built that early, but there is no guarantee that the model can be derived from the poster's name.

A bit more information on exactly which light, and and what age/make of 'van would be useful. ;-)

The inquiry begins "Does anyone know why the fan warning light would come on as a dull glow on a Swift belero”, so it’s reasonable to assume that the motorhome is in fact a Swift “Bolero”.

A cursory internet search retrieves references to Boleros built in 2006, but there’s nothing to suggest Swift made Boleros before that. All on-line Bolero images are of motorhomes based on “X250” or “X290” Fiat Ducatos.

X250 Ducatos do not have a ‘fan warning light’, though there is a red “Hot Engine Coolant” light that should illuminate briefly when the vehicle’s ignition is switched on and should illuminate when the vehicle is being driven if the engine overheats.

Current-model (X290) Ducatos have a “Engine Coolant Temperature Too High” light with an accompanying ‘temperature' symbol. The Owner Handbook advises that this should illuminate briefly when the vehicle’s ignition is switched on and should illuminate when the vehicle is being driven if the engine overheats, adding that a warning message should also appear on the instrument-panel’s display screen.

Archived