Jump to content

Rapid shower tie backs (what's their proper name?!)


Recommended Posts



My rapido-built van uses a ball and clip thingy for shower door tie back. I am trying to find out what these are called so that I can buy some more! Anyone know what I type into Google. 'Ball strap tie back' is producing all sorts of dodgy results!!


Pic attached!






Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I was at Highbridge Caravan Centre earlier today for my Rapido 640 to be watertightness-checked, I took the opportunity to inspect the shower curtain tie-back fitted to a Rapido V55 van conversion.


I’m guessing that the V55’s arrangement is similar to your Campereve’s and that you are not seeking to obtain complete tie-backs, just the end-fasteners.


This type of fastener was often used on sports-car soft tops and tonneau covers, and is known as a “tenax” fastener. Examples are here:





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Veletron


Sorry I can't help but hope someone will be along soon.


The 3 photos originally showed yesterday in the reading pane but now I can't access them at all, even by download.


Perhaps that could be the reason for a lack of feedback !!!


PS. Just seen Derek's post, sent 2 minutes before mine, so pic display obviously not a problem, except for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



I had the same problem as you - Veletron’s orginal posting no longer carried text and the photos could not be seen. In fact, when I initially responded I commented that the text and photos had vanished, but then, magically, the text/photos reappeared and I edited out my comment.


(I notice that the Warners system seems to be glitching at the moment.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...