Waste masters......why?......

Guest pelmetman

Sounds quite a good idea for sites with no motorhome service point or in the winter when u dnt want your waste tank freezing and holds more than a bucket so no worries about it over flowing. Plus will fit under a pvc van unlike a bucket :-D But there is probably something cheaper on the market which. Will do the same job. But everyone to there own we all do stuff different to whatever is easier for ourselves

Sounds quite a good idea for sites with no motorhome service point or in the winter when u dnt want your waste tank freezing and holds more than a bucket so no worries about it over flowing. Plus will fit under a pvc van unlike a bucket :-D But there is probably something cheaper on the market which. Will do the same job. But everyone to there own we all do stuff different to whatever is easier for ourselves

DavidBrown & Tall Mike

Yes you are right on all counts but, for me, the waste master is the best option with the present van. Don't have to use it all the time - if stopping only a couple of nights (and can get over the drain) then we just use the fixed tank. Can't get a bucket under and, yes, the waste master holds more, is easier to handle to get under the van and take to the service point. When we had a panel van did the same thing but with a square, flat, black plastic container made by Thetford bought on eBay for £3. The waste master was a bit dearer second hand at £10.

As we have the space in the garage it's no big deal having it available for the occasions when it is handier to use.

David

pepe63 - 2016-07-07 8:55 AM

derek pringle - 2016-07-07 8:28 AM

hi,

Am I missing something , how does staying on a C.C. site mean you do not still need the service of your

toilet cassette?

cheers

derek

I don't think they mean that the cassette is to remain under the drain outlet, only that it can be used to "decant" the grey waste into....

('Can't say that I'd really want to be removing the loo cassette and sliding & dragging it under the van, each time I wanted to empty some "grey" though ?)

cheers pepe, no wonder her indoors is saying I am losing it.

derek

Having just followed a fifth wheeler through the New Forest for some miles, with its waste water gently emptying on the road, dropping sludge every time it hit a pothole, I am pleased that some m/homers use the site facilities to drain waste water.

BTW is this an offence ?

Rgds. (On the road,that is, not the site !)

tonyishuk - 2016-07-09 5:31 PM

Having just followed a fifth wheeler through the New Forest for some miles, with its waste water gently emptying on the road, dropping sludge every time it hit a pothole, I am pleased that some m/homers use the site facilities to drain waste water.

BTW is this an offence ?

In 2014 you claimed it was an offence. ;-)

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Disposal-of-grey-waste-on-Public-Highway/35764/

DavidBrown - 2016-07-07 12:57 PM

Just a small point but how exactly does one empty a waste master that's frozen overnight?

Colin Leake - 2016-07-10 4:08 PM

DavidBrown - 2016-07-07 12:57 PM

Just a small point but how exactly does one empty a waste master that's frozen overnight?

Much easier than the under slung tank Colin which doesn't get any sun (if there is any) or, rinse it under the waste point rinse tap as that water will melt the small amount of water that has frozen overnight in the waste master.

David

To be honest we don't use our PVC in the winter. Can see the point in siting in a little white box in the middle of a field with limited hours of daylight. We do give it a run out to the coast for a day out just to keep things ticking over if the weather is fine.

Colin Leake - 2016-07-10 10:31 PM

To be honest we don't use our PVC in the winter. Can see the point in siting in a little white box in the middle of a field with limited hours of daylight. We do give it a run out to the coast for a day out just to keep things ticking over if the weather is fine.

Not using it in winter Colin? Don't you get withdrawal symptoms?

Actually, we did winter touring in this country for many years but for the last six have ventured down to Spain and/or Portugal for a bit of sunshine.

No regrets there.

David

Derek Uzzell - 2016-07-10 8:34 AM

BTW is this an offence ?

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Disposal-of-grey-waste-on-Public-Highway/35764/

I must be getting older and forgetting my soap box :$

Rgds

Guest pelmetman
tonyishuk - 2016-07-11 6:08 PM

BTW is this an offence ?

Rgds

I can lend you mine :-) ..........one careful owner....hardly used :D ......

tonyishuk - 2016-07-11 6:08 PM

BTW is this an offence ?

Rgds

How many litres does it hold :-D

We use a fiamma because life is too short to wait for half an hour for the waste tank to drain before leaving a site. It weighs very little, takes two minutes to empty and, when travelling, fits easily into the big white cupboard at the back of the van *-)

Archived