Van service at Eurotruck

henrypartridge

I was interested in Nick Fisher's article in MMM about preserving your new Ducato, especially his tip to avoid future problems by greasing headlight removal screws etc. However, being totally useless at that sort of thing I enquired about having an oil and filter change (year old, only done 4000 miles so thought oil change desirable) and having him do that.

So I arranged to take it to his place in Leicester to get this work done. He showed me how the hex screws for changing headlights, bulbs etc, are plastic. With age they tend to sieze up and then they break when you take them out. You end up having to remove a wing from the van! Nick does this simple future proofing to all his vans.

Anyway, he did that, the oil and filter change and other bits of precautionary work. Obviously he isTHE Ducato guru and his knowledge and enthusiasm for these vans was great. As well as a lot of interesting and useful information my bill was very reasonable, a fraction of what the main dealer would charge

I know Nick doesn't use his knowledge and contribution to these forums to tout for business which is admirable. So I just want to tell fellow forum members about my experience: I'll be getting all my future servicing done by him.

When I had my mouse problem Nick took the time to explain what he was doing and why, even showed me how to check the operation of throttle body. The last couple of oil/filter change services I've done myself, but this year decided time was up for the cambelt, I've had issues with the three nearest Fiat (un)Professional garages and my friend who does my major services in his garage couldn't accommodate my van, so I decided it was worthwhile making the 140 mile round trip to Nicks.

Archived