How to install fiamma f45i awning

Leigh4x4

Hi all my names leigh, Im new here and looking for some advice. Ive just purchased a swift escape 686 2012 motorhome which unfortunatley didnt come with a canopy awning which we have had on our previous vans. Ive just purchased a second hand fiamma f45i 4m awning from ebay which comes with all fitting brackets needed. I pick it up on the weekend and was going to have a go at fitting it myself but i cant for the life of me find any fitting instructions or videos on youtube to point me in the right direction. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, leigh.

Hi all. Sorry for the late reply ive been working away. I think i shall opt for a local motorhome service center to fit it for me just incase i naff it up. They have given me an estimate of £180 to fit it, does this sound reasonable to you?

Also dont really know what you mean by "another scam"

Thanks again, leigh.

Leigh4x4 - 2016-07-14 6:21 PM

Hi all. Sorry for the late reply ive been working away. I think i shall opt for a local motorhome service center to fit it for me just incase i naff it up. They have given me an estimate of £180 to fit it, does this sound reasonable to you?

Also dont really know what you mean by "another scam"

Thanks again, leigh.

Check the link pepe put up and contact Swift, or a Swift dealer, to at least get a price comparison.

He's also right about possible built in mounts/strengtheners etc as i contacted A/S to ask how the awning was mounted. On my van the mounts are already built in the roof but they aren't visible. I bought my awning new from A/S so let them fit it. Saved a lot of mither even though it wasn't cheap.

Will86 - 2016-07-14 10:10 PMAnother Scam me thinks. 2 answers within minutes and no thank you's
Hi Will, I know you Brits like to give it to us but I am no scammer. I was genuinely impressed with the rapid answer to the OP's question. Cheers,

I think it is a good idea to have it professionally fitted. I've done this myself on 3 occasions, with the assistance of 2 friends. These awnings are HEAVY - 20-25kgs? - and bearing in mind you are working above head height, it aint easy!

If doing it yourself get assistance and preferably some sort of hoist to try and avoid a strangled g****** !!

Hi all just a quick update, i picked the awning up today and successfully installed it with the help of a friend. It was surprisingly easy with 2 people and the most time spent was making sure we got the drill holes exactly right for the brackets. Cant wait to get the van out now for its first trip this weekend!

Archived