French aire/municipal camp by lake for canoeing

chris

Hi. Does anyone have any recommendations of lakeside camping/aires in France where we can easily use our canoe. We are not competetive just for leisure trips and bit of sightseeing and exercise of course. We have been to lac du laouzas and you are right on waters edge there which is great. We would like to leave the canoe out on pitch too. Any suggestions greatly received. Chris

Hi Chris not into canoeing but what seems a great place to me is the lake at the bottom of the Verdon Gorge there's campsites either side of the mouth of the gorge I've seen a lot of canoes in the gorge looks to me a great place (not white water lol) around 43.800836 6.248078

This site may help http://www.camping-municipal.org/

http://www.campinglesruisses.fr/en/municipal-campsite-les-ruisses-les-salles-sur-verdon-home/ this is one

chris - 2016-07-17 11:49 AM

Yes. We were looking at the Tarn. Just don't want to canoe down river then struggle to get back ha ha. Thanks

Yes could be tricky! Also some of the rivers appear to be quite shallow (inches) in places. I realised after I posted , you did say lakes

PJay

Search the forum for - Barryd999

He's put some really useful stuff on for boaters in the past [downloadable]

We find the 'Wild swimming in France' book really useful for finding good Kayaking locations.

The Brantome circuit is good fun, a bit like 'Deliverance' for lightweights.......and believe me, we are not serious 'yakers as ours is only an inflatable Sevylor Colorado 2. Great bit of kit though.

There are loads of Aires with easy access to rivers and lakes, although I'm slightly reluctant to divulge my two favourites on the forum for fear of overcrowding!

:-D

Archived