Norfolkline Cheap Again

derek500

[QUOTE]derek500 - 2006-11-28 1:29 PM I've just done a check on Norfolkline and their 2007 prices have dropped to similar to this year's levels. Must have take on board the comments on the various forums.[/QUOTE] Derek, I've been checking out some dates and the cheap fares don't go beyond mid January. £62 +£5 fuel surcharge and at ungodly hours as well. Don

Hi, I just tried www.aferry.co.uk for a Jan to April return and they didn't even show Norfolkline the cheapest they had was P&O, I will check the Norfolkline web site direct but when I looked a few weeks ago they were very expensive and the cheapest then was SeaFrance. I still keep checking the CC web site as they were doing a special with AT ferries Portsmouth to Bilbao Oct through Dec return for £220 and if they extend this into 2007 I could be very tempted Brian

Reference the ungodly hours I plan to get down to Dover to miss all the dreaded traffic on that carpark called the M25. Its suits me to arrive really late get across the channel and sleep on the other side. plus its a lot cheaper. Only trouble with Norfolk lines is that aweful lorry park but ive coped with it and have a pleasant early start the next day. Coming back is the really bad part when you are held up in traffic on every motorway. Pete

I looked at Norfolkline website on thursday and can get a return crossing in june for 68 pounds plus the fuel charge, thats going out at 10am sat 3rd from Dover and return sailing at 8am sunday three weeks later. This will do for us, so will book it when I get back from work tonight. Carol

Don't forget Mel B's post re the P&O Dover Calais sailings they are cheaper than the ones that have been quoted here ours was £50.33 return end of June return July our friends did better at £40.59 return. With no surcharges at all, the price quoted is all in. Bas

For anyone planning to sleep at the Norfolkline truck park or car park at Dunkirk after traveling from Dover late in the evening. Please note I did this trip 2 weeks ago arriving at approx midnight and planned to do the same - after you leave the ferry the port is currently having the roads and parking system updated - it was all ramps and trafic cones - a right mess with diversions and trafic chaos. Decided to drive a bit and slept in the car park ot the Achun store at grand synthe just north of Dunkirk Wiggy

We have just booked a "Freedom" return crossing with Sea France for£70. 8.15am crossing 14th June returning 10am 26th July. We decided to take the more expensive "freedom" option in case we have to change dates, as this way we will not incur a "modification" charge. Without it the fare would have been £60 but "not amendable". As there are three of us the extra £10 is neither here nor there - last of the big spenders. Hope this is of help.

Just checked for a return crossing during March via the Caravan Club. Sea France is £62 and Norfolkline is £58, so Norfolkline are still the cheapest. The price is exactly the same as we paid for our crossing in October. There wasn,t any mention of extra surcharges, but I haven't yet booked it, only checked the prices so far. Mike Hol.

Tonights prices: Dover to Calais with P&O 6.8m long 3m high May 30 sailing at 2.10 and coming back on July 3 at 22.25: Camping and Caravanning Club £53 P&O Concession £56 Caravan Club £62 www.aferry.co.uk P&O £68. Camping Cheques £114.50 with 5 cheques worth £51.50 making £166 When we did this trip in 2003 it cost £212, so competition must really be hurting all companies.

just booked with norfolkline out - 2nd june at 6am return 24th june at 8am £54 + £10 fuel charge. Cheaper than I could find on Thursday - and more travel time options! 6 months to go (lol) ah well - back to wrapping christmas presents :-) Carol

[QUOTE]spartan3956 - 2006-11-30 11:32 PM Reference the ungodly hours I plan to get down to Dover to miss all the dreaded traffic on that carpark called the M25. Its suits me to arrive really late get across the channel and sleep on the other side. plus its a lot cheaper. Only trouble with Norfolk lines is that aweful lorry park but ive coped with it and have a pleasant early start the next day. Coming back is the really bad part when you are held up in traffic on every motorway. Pete [/QUOTE] You can stay in their carpark at the terminal building. Much quiter. Not quite sure how you get into it when returning but going out you enter the car park just before going into the area whenre you check in Im sure someone here will be able to tell you. Motorhomer

Archived