bailey approach motorhomes

jackthemondoe

Could all advise on the faults with this generation of MH to include ,build faults from new,recalls,upgrades

modifications,damp,hab door,locker doors,truma boilers,bca panels,fitted internal doors,fridge,radio,water in roof place,incorrect battery fitted to boxer,turbo,bed matteress,bench seat at table dropping,bed ram

rust on brackets due to damp,internal doors twisting,split power supply to bca panel smoked,boiler lock out,drain pipe outlet flew off and the list goes on any tech info on all this jazz would be usefull

A seriously long list.

I had a Bailey Approach for around 6 months and returned it to the dealer. The dealer refused to accept this return and only did so after I took a big capital loss. I just wanted rid of it and took the hit on the chin.

There were a number of faults, the main ones being:

1. Dodgy water level sensors. This was serious as it inhibited the water pump from starting ie no pressurised water supply on several occasions, only fixable in the workshop.!

2. Lifting bed fuse blew repeatedly, I replaced this with a larger fuse/holder

3. Lifting bed motor incapable of returning bed to final upper position, had to use the manual override to do this as the bed could move when driving ie NOT safe.

4. Manual bed motor override screw not lined up with hole in cabinet ie box spanner did not fit

5. Very slow fresh water fill (not a build fault but a design fault)

There were also some minor faults but very few motorhomes are supplied with no minor faults.

In principle the Bailey Approach was not a bad motorhome but its detailed engineering was very poor.

jackthemondoe - 2016-07-26 3:40 PM

Could all advise on the faults with this generation of MH to include ,build faults from new,recalls,upgrades

modifications,damp,hab door,locker doors,truma boilers,bca panels,fitted internal doors,fridge,radio,water in roof place,incorrect battery fitted to boxer,turbo,bed matteress,bench seat at table dropping,bed ram

rust on brackets due to damp,internal doors twisting,split power supply to bca panel smoked,boiler lock out,drain pipe outlet flew off and the list goes on any tech info on all this jazz would be usefull

I can’t advise on the other points, but the idea that an “incorrect” starter-battery had been factory-fitted to Peugeot Boxer vehicles (in particular to Bailey motorhomes) turned out to be based on an initial misunderstanding.

This was discussed here between April and July 2015 in this 3-page forum-thread

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Peugeot-Boxer-cab-battery-recall-/38092/

Have you tried asking the Bailey Owners Club about these faults?

https://www.baileyownersclub.org/

Fair comments the approach is a good new concept that ticks alot of boxes however if you look at the

autograph bailey has made many changes.

I accept that you will never get a perfect MH from any manufacturer but up to 30 faults still not run in

this is not acceptable,shortly all sides are getting ready for the hockey thats how it rolls.

In my welcome pack there was instructions for a diy repair because the next page blank said you have more chance of finding lord luncan than getting this garbage sorted we have your dollars now it is your prob,but as i said next month events what goes around comes around maybe i will meet baileys top men

i donie take it personal most people would all have to strut their stuff some looney got to do this jazz.

Well folks me just bin down the pub and bought a round of drinks for all.WHY ?

me thought i was the only standalone ravin looney me wrong i have now found a blood brother

Check this out folks baileyapproachwordpress.com

This is a call to all the brothers in arms its official it is now a G HAD come out and shop em this is the second court case bad news travel fast i may name that tune soon

This link is to the blog Jack mentions. The blog began in January 2015 and needs reading ‘bottom to top’.

https://baileyapproach.wordpress.com

The blog stops on July 27 2015 (ie. a year ago) at which date the problematical motorhome had been exchanged by the vending dealership and some money refunded. The blog’s author said that he was taking the vendor “...to county court for our losses after this disaster of a purchase”, but no follow-up details are provided.

That was a waste of drinks last night me ay got a blood brother me still a standalone ravin looney

now the GHAD can be recalled however mine is live there is a case number Truma,dometic,bca,bailey,peaugeot,hartal,belfield,thetford and of course the retailer all no about this thats why i said earlier this is the big one

Derek Uzzell - 2016-07-29 7:59 AM

This link is to the blog Jack mentions. The blog began in January 2015 and needs reading ‘bottom to top’.

https://baileyapproach.wordpress.com

The blog stops on July 27 2015 (ie. a year ago) at which date the problematical motorhome had been exchanged by the vending dealership and some money refunded. The blog’s author said that he was taking the vendor “...to county court for our losses after this disaster of a purchase”, but no follow-up details are provided.

Thank you for translating, I now know what this post is about.........it must be me! :-D

pepe63 - 2016-07-29 9:18 AM

mildi - 2016-07-29 9:09 AM

Thank you for translating, I now know what this post is about.........it must be me! :-D

Nope..'wasn't just you..

(even Google Translate drew a blank! (lol) )

Maybe English is not his first language and he used google translate :D

Archived