Delays, going to France ?

malc d

The delays for people using the Dover / Calais crossing to France have been well publicised but is anyone aware of substantial delays on other crossings ?

I understand that there are delays tomorrow ( Wed 27th ) on the Portsmouth / Caen crossing, where ferries will arrive later than scheduled due to strike action by dock workers, but have not heard of any others.

I'm not crossing yet myself but just wonder what the situation is at all the other crossings.

;-)

The wife traveled by car Portsmouth Caen a couple of weeks ago, it took nearly two hours from leaving the boat to exiting the port at Caen. They checked everyone's passport and there were only two officials on duty. Usually you are straight through in minutes.

She returned to England on Sunday, the boat was late, everyone was given a leaflet at Caen saying that there would be delays due to extra security checks by the French and British. At Portsmouth on arrival on Monday morning there were no delays.

nowtelse2do - 2016-07-27 4:50 PM

Malc, according to this link, there are no delays at the moment at Dover. Might be a good idea to keep an eye on it.

Dave

http://www.doverport.co.uk/weather/

That's a useful link that for Dover users Dave - thanks.

Doesn't seem to be any bad news from any of the crossing points yet - let's hope that stays the situation.

;-)

Archived