NEED A/FRAME (CAR-A-TOW)

tinkledrum

[QUOTE]olley - 2006-12-01 10:25 AM hi messerschmitt owner, another mate had a berkeley 3 cylinder went like hell, well it seemed to (lol) I think somebody used to do a conversion to fit a royal enfield 750 in them, now that must have been a flyer. (lol) (lol) Olley[/QUOTE] Hi olley your friend had an SE492 berkeley - with an Excedlsior Talisman Triple. For about three years I was editor of the Berkeley Enthusiasts Club magazine and had four Berkeleys at one point. I've had three T60s (with the Talisman Twin) and still have Royal Enfield Constellation powered Berkeley B95. It was an ex-racing car and can do 105mph+. Its engine was tuned to stage five by an Ecurie Ecosse racing mechanic and the Scottish Berkeley distributer used it in anger many a time. I have a photo from a motorsport magazine of it eating an Austin Healey 3000. The Berkeley was the first car ever to achieve a 100% brake efficiency in an Autocar roadtest and was the first mass produced glass fibre monocoque. Interestingly the berkeley was designed by Laurie Bond (of Bond minicar fame) and built by Berkeley, a Bedfordshire caravan manufacturer. The B95 weighs in at 395kg and has about 65-70bhp giving it a better power to weight ratio than an E-type Jaguar. Campbell

Archived