Fiat Ducato front cross member

alelym

Try a word search on Ducato 1318067080. There is one on fleabay for !150 but others at half that.

Other than it carries the radiator and if rusty might let it fall off its not safety related and as long as it can be made to fit quality issues are not too important.

Give a rub down and a decent couple of coats of paint and it will outlast the rest of the vehicle. It was the rubbish paint job that killed the old one prematurely and its not a problem confined to Fiat. I had the same on a VW T4 but caught it in time.

It would depend on what year your van is, as to which one you need. They changed around 2002 so be careful if your van is that age.

Just do a search using Ducato front crossmember, there should be plenty of sellers.

Before you commit to changing it, how bad is it? Mine looked bad with surface rust and I had it changed. It actually did not need changing, just a wire brushing and a coat of paint. :-(

I have a brand new unused one up for offers if interested, bought when I thought mine needed to be changed but once the old was removed it wasn't as bad as it looked on the vehicle which we subsequently sold. Just PM me if any use.

Basil

• 2 weeks later...
Now thats another job on my to do list, my worries about starting this one is the bolts look so rusted and stuck firmly, i am worried one might shear off when I try to remove them.
I have seen the replacement cross members on ebay, and as advised I will be giving it a few coats of additional paint before it goes on....... if i can get the old bugger off.

The bolts are mighty tight and I had to use a large breaker bar to shift them. Using the 'try how tight they are' then try tightening then loosening and spraying liberally with WD40 I got five out but the sixth sheared the captive nut. Due to this I had to have a poke around and found that under the bonnet if you follow the inner wing/chassis down to a point immediately above the bolt position there is a largish hole covered with a tape sticker which once removed allows you to get a socket on a knuckle joint and extension bar to the captive nuts above the bolts. I found then that the captive nuts on mine were only spot welded at two points so was surprised I was able to get the five out with no problem. Having found the access to the top of the bolts it allows you to get more WD40 into the best position to help extract the bolts and to be able to put a socket on the captive nut to save breaking it away as once moving the bolts come out easily.

Bas

Archived