Autocruise start rail

Dpal3

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

You did not say if bought from new? What sort of problems are they as most people have little niggly things as there are lots and lots of items to go wrong. Not like a car where it's engine or interior, in the Van you have everything else including th Kitchen sink ;-)

It is a 2010 /. 60 reg

Problems we have

Freezer don't freeze (new one on order warranty)

Cupboard door above cooker fallen of again after already going back to the dealer

Shower door fell of again after already being fixed by the dealer

Locker door above driver seat won't stay up

Water tank alarm keeps going saying empty when full

I'm just getting really fed up finding faults it's now interfering with my holidays

Is your bed at rear? I've not had any of your problems. My main gripe was the electric step not working on collection. Another you may investigate is the Spare Wheel. there was a Re-Call to Peugeot Boxers due to spare falling off. This had been ongoing since 2006?? I had mine carried out free one year ago. If your modification re-call has been done then you will see the winding socket BEHIND the rear tyre tread and wheel arch Drivers side.

Welcome to the world of motor homing unfortunately whether you buy new or used you are going to be plagued with problems . One would think or at least hope that after all the years of motorhome manufacture someone could at least get it right , but unfortunately thats not the case. We had four different makes of motorhomes over 9 years and they all had problems some minor and many major .

I had an 2005 Autocruise (CH) Starlet 2 (a Starburst, only sold by Marquis). It was the best M/H i have owned. Shame that Swift took them over, and dropped all the Coachbuilts.

When i traded it in the dealer sang its praises, saying that he hardly ever found an original Autocruise with damp problems, and possibly why there are still so many of them around, 10 years after they ceased production in 2006/7, any after that were made by Swift.

Not a start rail, but a StarTrail, the doors were made by Hartal, on most of their vans, so an insect screen door should be relatively easy to find , O LEARY motorhomes(01482 868632) recieved all of the old Autocruise stock of spare parts, and should be the first place to look. Good Luck. Nice Van.

Ps the CH after the Autocruise name, stands for Cockburn Holdsworth, the original founders ofAutocruise, Swift dropped this referance, when they took over in 2007/8.

Pps as yours was made in 2010 by Swift, they should be able to help you source the part you need, after your dealer.

I got a flyscreen for habitation door from Lilliput Leisure (now Windblockers) although I couldn't see the flyscreen currently listed they would be worth a call.

Simply fastens to a "Velcro" strip about the door & drapes down,

www.windblockers.net

I have a Hartal habitation door fitted to my van with a flyscreen. The flyscreen was included in the original build.

The flyscreen is a concertina type and made by Horrex. They can probably be retrofitted. Leisureshopdirect used to sell them but it doesn't appear on their current listings.

Probably best to stick with something simple as mentioned above and attached with Velcro.

Archived