Recommended Sites in Black Forest, Germany

FiHendo

Hi - we're taking our motorhome abroad for the first time this summer and going to the Black Forest. Can anybody recommend anywhere to stay? (Preferably with good-ish transport links as we don't tow a car)

Thank you :-)

Fi

PS we're pretty much novices!

FiHendo - 2016-08-01 12:17 PMHi - we're taking our motorhome abroad for the first time this summer and going to the Black Forest. Can anybody recommend anywhere to stay? (Preferably with good-ish transport links as we don't tow a car)Thank you :-)FiPS we're pretty much novices!

Hi & welcome to the forum.
It all depends how much time you will have in touring the Black Forest, as there is plenty to see.
We stayed at Belchenblick, but found it a bit busy, as they tend to pack them in rather tight in high season.
We stayed around Lake Titisee. I've attached a web link to some camp sites in this area.

We go to Germany quite often. Also depends if you want to wild camp or prefer to use camp sites.
If you PM me with some idea of where you want to go I may be able to help you further.

Thank you - I can't seem to make the link work, but I'll keep trying! We don't really have any particular route planned. We want to stop in the Black Forest as part of a longer trip. We will be coming from Trier, at the southern end of the Moselle.

...if you're planning on using public transport check out "Konus" - the card for which you will get free if you stay 2 nights or more at most locations in the Black Forest. (free travel on most public transport)

http://www.blackforest-tourism.com/info/KONUS

Two (quite different sites) we have used and would use again are:

http://www.camping-langenwald.com/en/

http://www.camping-steingrubenhof.de/index_en.php?lang=en

...both of which are (I believe) issuers of the Konus card.

Stellplatz at Schiltach. We have not been for two years and note from the latest Bord Atlas there are now two listed. The one At 48 17' 28" N 8 20' 32"E is the one we have always stopped at. It is right in the village next to the river, it has free water and some electric points but no black waste, it is also foc, I note the other one now listed does have black waste dump. It is right in a really nice village with lots of walks, great place for a couple of nights.

If you want to visit Titisee, some nice shops among a lot of tat and a couple of cake shops selling great Black Forest Gateaux, it also has a really good take away food outlet attached to a deli in the middle of the village. There is motorhome parking in the main car parks here and you can stay overnight, not recommended, very expensive. Plenty of campsites around the lake in reasonable walking distance if you want to stay.

Archived