Honours List

antony1969

Anyone else find the honours carry on a load of old cobblers , even more so since Camerons honours for friends list was revealed .... Utter disgrace .... A friend of ours father has just received an MBE for 40 years charity work , thats where the awards should go not to buddy politicians , sportsmen/women , music or film stars ... Do it right or scrap em

Before everyone jumps on this particular passing media bandwagon perhaps some consideration could be given to the reasons for having this particular list, the types of people traditionally included on it and what previous prime ministers have done to either perpetuate or modernise the process.

Me? I don't know the answers and I don't care enough to research it.

antony1969 - 2016-08-03 2:12 PM

Anyone else find the honours carry on a load of old cobblers , even more so since Camerons honours for friends list was revealed .... Utter disgrace .... A friend of ours father has just received an MBE for 40 years charity work , thats where the awards should go not to buddy politicians , sportsmen/women , music or film stars ... Do it right or scrap em

From what I have seen of the prime ministers resignation honours list, it would appear to be a final farewell two finger salute to the electorate from David Cameron.

:-|

Tracker - 2016-08-03 4:42 PM

Before everyone jumps on this particular passing media bandwagon perhaps some consideration could be given to the reasons for having this particular list, the types of people traditionally included on it and what previous prime ministers have done to either perpetuate or modernise the process.

Me? I don't know the answers and I don't care enough to research it.

Arise Sir Dick Tracker for services to fashion

The Honours system may not have changed since a cows arse (Sirloin) was knighted by King James I

But at least Samantha Cameron's stylist did something useful for her OBE, even if we don't still have a British Empire. You gotta admit Samantha Cameron does have nice hair *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2016-08-05 9:20 AM

You gotta admit Samantha Cameron does have nice hair *-)

So do I :D ...........

Unfortunately very little of it is still on my head :-S........

Archived