Aires

JimLil

So, We are new to this. We have a Hymer and are going to France September !st and doing some of the aires. We are planning on going to Lake Annecy. Which is the best site to stay on around the lake please? :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for the replys. We are going to stay there for two or three nights so a normal campsite would be ok. One as close to the lake and close to Talloires would be best. Can anyone reccomend anywhere. Thanks

http://www.campingfrance.com/uk/find-your-campsite/rhone-alpes/haute-savoie/talloires/le-lac#item-7

Try this I think its what your looking for as for the aire in Annecy it's very popular and usualy there are vans queuing for a space and spaces are tight about 4ft between vans, We found a spot there once and they where parked up thru the middle as well allowing no exit for the rear vans.

Jim&Lil - 2016-08-03 7:48 PM

Thanks for the replys. We are going to stay there for two or three nights so a normal campsite would be ok. One as close to the lake and close to Talloires would be best. Can anyone reccomend anywhere. Thanks

The closest campsite to Talloires is probably this one

http://www.camping-horizon.fr/infos/infos-gb.htm

I can’t recommend it as I’ve not stayed there (nor taken a motorhome to that part of France). But I have been to Annecy and I have seen the motorhome ‘aire’ there, and staying on that would be my idea of Hell.

If you GOOGLE-search on “Annecy camping” or on “Talloires campings”

http://tinyurl.com/z7hkuov

you’ll see what campsites are in the area. If you then look at the campsites’ websites and on-line reviews you should be able to get a fair idea of which are likely to best suit your particular requirements.

Annecy is a really lovely place with lots of restaurants and tourist amenities but the Aires around there are hopelessly full and cheek-by-jowl so don't spoil your holiday by trying to use them. 

En route to Annecy is a different matter and in early September you should have little problem getting space for overnight stops.  Remember however that Aires are parking spaces for camping cars and not campsites so many are cheek-by-jowl and often only suitable for one night transit stops.

We stayed at the municipal campsite, Le Belvédère, on the hillside above Annecy overlooking the lake and it was pretty good.  "Characterful" sanitation facilities but usable.  We booked in advance because we were two MHs with big trailers but I doubt this would be necessary for a single MH in September.  Nice 10-15 min walk downhill into town and since my hip was playing up at the time, we often used a taxi to get back.

Sevrier – Route du Port – 45.85926,6.142644

Aire de Camping-Car L'Ile aux Cygnes - Boulevard Ernest Coudurier, Le Bourget-du-Lac - 45.654924, 5.864438

Aire Camping-Car Park Aix les Bains - Rue des Goelands,  Aix les Bains - 45.69657,5.88879

:-D :-D :-D

There are several sites listed in the ACSI book. We have stayed at two of them, both pretty decent sites. Au Coeur du Lac at Sevrier is about 4km from Annecy right next to lake, cycle path to Annecy runs right by it also frequent bus service. Also stayed at L'Aloua, a bit further out but again bus stop nearby.

• 3 weeks later...
There is a cracking farm Aire at Lathuile at the bottom end of the lake. Its set back about half a mile from the lake shore though and its 10 miles from Annecy town but its always my choice as the Aire near the town is grim. Ideal if like us you have secondary transport such as a scooter or bikes.

Archived