Non sparking fridge

Aslanafloat

Hi another fridge problem! I have an compass Amazon gt,2006, I have just bought it and the fridge is not sparking on gas, it is a Dometic rm 7271,. I have 12v at the Pcb and it works on 240v and the 12v heater gets hot so I believe that is ok.when I check the voltage at the igniter I am only getting half a volt,going in which doesn't seem right, surely it should be 12v as it is going to be boosted to produce a spark. The input cables seem very thin but seem to be correct for the fridge.it seems to point to the Pcb being the problem but they are quite expensive and I don't want to splash out unnecessarily,has anyone any thoughts please.

I had a similar problem with the igniter not working on gas. I was in Portugal at the time.

I removed the burner assembly unit and found the earth return to be heavily corroded. Cleaned it all up and bingo, it all started working again.

I suspect that the plastic container which collects condensate from the fridge had been overflowing and was the cause of the corrosion.

Archived