2016 Rollerteam water tank removal to undervan

Denby

Is there anyone who could advise of any good companies who could offer resiting/replacing my clean water tank on my Rollerteam.

Would ideally like to gain some extra storage by moving the tank, from inside, to underneath, the van.

Nearer to Cornwall, the better. Thank you , in hope, rather than expectation. There is loads of space, immediately below the internal tank.

Hi Denby & welcome to the forum.

As the Rollerteam is this years model, I would recommend your first enquiry should be to your supplying dealer, as this modification should then NOT invalidate your Warranty.

As water tanks have a high weight capacity i.e. 1 litre = 1kg, so an 80 litre tank full would weigh 80kg.It is worth bearing in mind the freed up storage will also have similar capacity. So before embarking on the modification, it would be prudent to check your available payload, by taking the motorhome to a Weighbridge.

AISI It should not be a difficult job. The main points I would envisage are 1) Mounting points for the Tank's supports. 2) Rerouting the Water inlet. 3) Suitability of existing Tank for re-use or availability of an alternative.

CAK Tanks, Kenilworth do a range of Tanks.

IMHO Any decent Motorhome Service Dealer should be able to carry-out the works, but I have no personal knowledge of those in your area. A simple search for "Motorhome dealers cornwall devon" should give you some options, if your supplying dealer is unable to do the modification.

One company that regularly advertise in MMM for repairs / modifications is Autovan @ Wimborne, Dorset.

http://www.autovan.co.uk

Denby

I would have thought that the space-gaining benefits of moving your motorhome’s freshwater tank under the vehicle’s floor will be massively outweighed by the disadvantages (reduced insulation, potentially reduced ground clearance, reduced ease of cleaning, cost, etc.) I very much doubt that the existing interior tank would be suitable for fitting externally and I’d be surprised if any company would take on this task without quoting a wallet-busting price.

It will be interesting to learn how your plan turns out, so could you let the forum know how you get on, please?

(I once replaced a small external waste-water tank on one of my motorhomes with a larger one. A new tank needed to be specially made, plus metalwork to support/protect the tank. I did all the design and fitting work myself, but it was a challenging job and not cheap. Fortunately the DIY article I wrote for MMM covered most of the cost!)

Archived