Very short notice...... Brighton/Newhaven campsite

kevandali

Have just found out that we are off to Brighton/Newhaven area, setting off within the hour!

Any ideas of any nice campsites down there?
We are members of the Caravan and Camping club, but anywhere will do us with elec hook up.

Thanks in advance

Kev and Ali :-D

Randonneur - 2016-08-14 3:57 PM

AndyB - 2016-08-14 3:37 PM

Brighton CC site ?

No chance at short notice unless they have a cancellation. We tried that and got very short shrift from the Wardens, vowed never to go back.

Been there twice for one night only - never again - run very much like a big business and not at all like a place of enjoyment in my opinion. We waited in reception behind a German lady - thought she was going to faint on me when told £39 for one night, with non member supplement. And they wonder why we go abroad and they don't come here in droves! So, sorry can't help re campsite but will be a miracle if you get in Brighton CC in August. Just thought though, lots must like it...............always full!! No accounting for tastes. Hazel

Brighton CC site ?

Excellent site, been there many times. Great location, easy walk down to Marina or along sea front or upper walkway to town centre, or buses very local. Parking in Brighton is, we understand , very expensive though

It should be around £30 per night for two plus outfit at present peak period, but may be fully booked. We are currently at Abbey Wood London site, same price band I think, says its full but several pitches not occupied here tonight!!. .

Have stayed at Brighton quite a few times, mainly in low season.

Never had any issues with the wardens. Maybe some of them of the CC wardens are a bit power crazy, but I think sometimes they might get a bit of a hard time off some customers and everybody has an off day once in a while.

Just got back from a 3 night stay at Bladon Chains CC, had a great stay in a lovely site, wardens were very pleasant & polite.

Dpal3 - 2016-08-15 9:23 AM

We have been there a few times as one van and as a group and I have to say the wardens there are the most miserable people I have ever come across feels like you are checking into an army camp

I have to say the CC Wardens seem more and more to be officious and a lot less friendly than in an earlier era. ...we have just returned from Abbey Wood, and certainly we got a less than friendly welcome when we got there a week or so ago. Perhaps they are now regarding it as a 'job' rather than an enjoyable situation ...only a generalisation of course, as I am sure there are many out there who still are very friendly and helpful without being officious.

Randonneur - 2016-08-14 3:57 PM

Brighton CC site ?

No chance at short notice unless they have a cancellation. We tried that and got very short shrift from the Wardens, vowed never to go back.

Personally not a member, but surely as a member you should make a complaint to the club, about the attitude of it's wardens? Maybe they don't care, as a club? We found on the one occasion we went to book at a local caravan and camping club, that they where not very friendly either, and it had to be a 2 night , only, would not accept one night.so did not bother to book it, met our friends elswhere.Now no longer a member of any of them, go over the water instead.

Archived