fiat ducato vibrations

Pete

My base vehicle is a 2004 2.3 fiat ducato. I am getting intermittant vibrations in 1st and reverse gears when releasing the clutch. Going back to neutral and then back into gear sometimes stops it. Had it back to the dealer and as always it never does it when you want it to! Has anyone had a similar problem? Should I be worrying?

[QUOTE]Pete - 2006-11-30 12:09 PM My base vehicle is a 2004 2.3 fiat ducato. I am getting intermittant vibrations in 1st and reverse gears when releasing the clutch. Going back to neutral and then back into gear sometimes stops it. Had it back to the dealer and as always it never does it when you want it to! Has anyone had a similar problem? Should I be worrying?[/QUOTE]

Pete

Is this like a mild clutch judder?  Is it a while since you last drove the 'van?  If so, it may just be a bit of corrosion on the plates that will wear off once you have used the clutch a few times.  Any hills near you?  Stop on one and drive away, and then see if it persists.

Failing that, you'll need Dave, I think!

[QUOTE]Brian Kirby - 2006-11-30 7:10 PM

Pete

Is this like a mild clutch judder?  Is it a while since you last drove the 'van?  If so, it may just be a bit of corrosion on the plates that will wear off once you have used the clutch a few times.  Any hills near you?  Stop on one and drive away, and then see if it persists.

Failing that, you'll need Dave, I think!

[/QUOTE] Brian, I don't think Dave does the "Oily Bits" any more 8-) I think he's having his brain scrambled on his gas course this week 8-) 8-) The workshops been very quiet. Don

Brian Have just come back from 2 months in France so its not lack of use. Van is back at the dealer (Spinney motorhomes highly recommended) having something else looked at so I passed on Mikes comments re cables and they got their mechanic to do as recommended. Picking it up tomorrow so will see how we go on. Thanks to all for input.

Archived