Fiat Ducato Noisy Front Doors

Gregors

Hi All.

I have a Fiat Ducato 2001, when I am on the motorway and reach around 70MPH the doors feel and sound like they are going to come off.

The wind noise is arwful, has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you cure it ?

Many thanks

Chris

The door handle striker plates are adjustable and tightening them will make the doors shut tighter.

The flanges that hold the rubber seal all around thedoors are also bendable in ome places to close the gaps where you can see them or feel air movement between the door and the frame.

You can easily replace the rubber seal around the door as it is a simple presss on as a nice puffy new one will take up more space than an old copmpressed one but personally I would ty the above adjustments first.

Gregors - 2016-08-16 2:27 PM

I was waiting for someone to say drive slower ! :-D

Yes I think it must be the rubber seals as my wife said she could see through when we were coming back through Europe at the weekend.

:-(

We have used draft excluder (for house windows/doors) can get it in white. Very easy to use and works for us.Always carry some in the van. The passenger side appears to be worse !

PJay

If you have a Coachbuilt body (wider than the Fiat Cab) you get a drop in air pressure while on the move. I presume that the faster you drive, the worse it will be.

Check the doors for gaps when they are closed and adjust them to tighten them up to the body.

They are also fairly weak in the top half. If the main body of the door is a decent fit but the top section has a gap, wind the window right down (that is very important) and you can put pressure on the window frame to move it gently to get a seal again.

747 - 2016-08-16 8:28 PM

If you have a Coachbuilt body (wider than the Fiat Cab) you get a drop in air pressure while on the move. I presume that the faster you drive, the worse it will be.

Check the doors for gaps when they are closed and adjust them to tighten them up to the body.

They are also fairly weak in the top half.[blue] If the main body of the door is a decent fit but the top section has a gap, wind the window right down (that is very important) and you can put pressure on the window frame to move it gently to get a seal again[/blue].

Saw that happening on TV recently,it was in a car factory, not sure I would be brave enough to do it though :-D

Method was door open put knee against inside of door and pull the top

Hi there, we had this problem and no amount of adjustment of the door adjustment parts cured it.

So we wrote to Fiat and they sent an engineer who adjusted the shims behind the hinges.

We did not see what he did but looking at the hinges looked like he would have to remove the front wing to gain access.Anyway this cured the problem.

I had this problem with our previous m/h (Burstner) coach built , drivers door.I tried all the adjustments catches / striker plates ect .I know this may sound a bit exstream but it cured the problem,.I removed the rubber door trim , and using a rubber hammer bent the metal that the rubber fitted on closer to the cab. After two or three attempts this worked .

Brian B.

Some interesting comments there on what to do which brings back memories.

In another life I worked on hundreds of van doors, the repairers all have personal remedies from wedges of wood to twist the door either way, well aimed kicks and a variety of spacers, packing, fillers and levers.

Eventually you will have an answer.

Archived