Irony

chello

The humerous article each month motorhome moan in MMM is aimed at anyone if the cap fits,I was amused to read letter this month that a lady has decided not to buy a m/home after reading about the snobbery of owners looking down on other older vans,She is now buying a house in France. is this a double bluff, and she saw the irony.

Is she buying a new Home or an old one?

People with new houses believe that owners of old historical Homes are snobbish and look down on them (well, they will if it's a big Chateau). :D

Maybe MMM cut out the bit that specified that it was only the Hymer owners who are snobbish. :->

Two weeks ago I was on the Aires in St-Valery-sur-Somme when I overheard two owners talking, a German MH and French MH males.

The topic of conversation was this rather large and very new American RV, they were slating it calling us Brits crazy, no need for such large MH. I was rather off put as I quite liked it.

But I have observed how our European friends across the water, do like to keep there MH on a reasonably medium sized scale. Not into the small weekend campers like the VW fraternity, or the 6 wheels A' Class mobile villages like many of us, more refined gentleman choose to roam the lands in. 

chello - 2016-08-18 10:10 PM

The humerous article each month motorhome moan in MMM is aimed at anyone if the cap fits,I was amused to read letter this month that a lady has decided not to buy a m/home after reading about the snobbery of owners looking down on other older vans,She is now buying a house in France. is this a double bluff, and she saw the irony.

Perhaps a change of heart?

http://www.marquisleisure.co.uk/news-and-info/news/benimar-mileo-202-is-perfect-for-the

747 - 2016-08-18 11:46 PM

Is she buying a new Home or an old one?

People with new houses believe that owners of old historical Homes are snobbish and look down on them (well, they will if it's a big Chateau). :D

Maybe MMM cut out the bit that specified that it was only the Hymer owners who are snobbish. :->

It not snobbishness you understand, the grimace is mainly because we're Hymeroids, and you can't get the cream anymore.

Archived