Freezers

Pete-B

Hi All,

Her in the kitchen complains she doesn't have enough freezer space in the van when were away, so I wondered about the possibility of also getting a portable 230/12v one.

Has anyone had any experience of these or could recommend any particular one.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

We bought a Waeco 12v/240v, 35 litre, top loading, compressor fridge when we wanted to extend the fridge capacity when visiting Morocco.

It can also be set to -18C for freezing but guess it consumes quite a bit more 12v power on this setting.

We now have a MH with a bigger freezer so now use the Waeco at home for cooling the wine and other things. The Waeco is not cheap, we paid about £500 but it may now be a bit cheaper.

Pete-B - 2016-08-21 8:31 PM

Hi All,

Her in the kitchen complains she doesn't have enough freezer space in the van when were away, so I wondered about the possibility of also getting a portable 230/12v one.

Has anyone had any experience of these or could recommend any particular one.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Shop more often. Why add to your weight for the sake of a freezer. Your on holiday, not at at home , eat out sometimes, I have a very small freeze compartment on my fridge, but have no problem with this (and usually in Spainish heat)i keep a couple of packs of mince, frozen for emergency meal, in case we can't shop

Archived