Vignette in Switzerland for a van over 3.5 tonne

Stuart202

Hi,

We are about to head off for a tour of Italy, initially northern lakes and then east coast....and then who knows! Our route to Italy will take us though Switzerland to see friends who live there.

I know I need a Vignette but can't find a price for a van over 3.5 tonne, can anyone help?

I have had a look on here but couldn't find anything newer than 2010.....

Thanks

Stuart

...it has been discussed on here a few times, with:

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Swiss-Motorway-costs/37420/

being the latest (detail) I can quickly find.

The vignette isn't valid for a vehicle over 3500kg, you need to obtain "HGV" paperwork at the border.

Whilst the vignette (when valid) is only required for motorways, the HGV paperwork is required for every day spent in Switzerland, and for all roads used.

Don't panic, subject to (lack of) queues at the border it is neither difficult to sort out, nor particularly expensive (and if you have only one continuous session in Switzerland, it can be cheaper than a vignette!)

I think all the detail you will need is in the above post..

For a van over 3.5t, the 8 day or is it 10 day pass, you can fill in the days you are in the country, so can use it for both going to Italy and coming back, when we've time we often have a few days in Switzerland as well all within the 8 or 10 day HGV pass. They'll usually want to see your V5 at the office at the border crossing

have fun alan

Archived