Camping near Barcelona

valsarhino

Hi.

Could anyone give me any info on campsites on or very near a beach but within about 15km from Barcelona? I have found Camping Tres Estrellas and camping Masnou online but would like to know if anyone has stayed at either of these and could tell me what they are like? We have an Autotrail Chieftain motorhome which is 8.7 metres so need a good pitch. We also like an action packed site (bar, pool,evening entertainment etc)

Stayed at Camping l'Amfora in Bay of Roses this year. Fantastic site, would recommend to anyone... but a little too far to travel to Bacelona on our little 125 motorbike!!!

Thanks in advance.

Val

We stayed at Campsite Barcelona in Mataro last year. Excellent site in that it provided all the amenities we needed. Free shuttle bus to and from Barcelona. Free bus to the train station. Good onsite activites. Friendly staff. You can use the ACSI card in the off season and works out at only €19. Incidently they can cater for large motorhomes.

Have stayed on Estrellas and it ticks all your boxes although I suspect like a lot of Spain it will depends when you are going as on site entertainment winds down off season other than Benidorm, which is 365. Bus stop on main road into Barca with frequent services. Direct access, through locked gate, to beach at windsurfing school. Used ACSI card so was reasonably priced. Excellent views of frequent landings and take off from airport.

Plenty of room for a MH your size.

Off next week to Spain for a couple of months so looking forward.

Enjoy

Have read somewhere that Masnou is very overpriced.

Mataro has one daily bus to Barcelona but the Town itself is hard to get to.

We prefer Vilanova i Geltru...............fabulous site.................buses to Barcelona every hour and local bus to the town and beach. It's a long journey into Barca but you can choose your times rather than 9.30 in 6.30 back

valsarhino - 2016-09-11 9:22 PM

Thanks for the info. Think this Estrellas may be favourite !!!....But is the airport noisy through the night ??Enjoy your holidays

Never heard a cheap from the airport. We were only there a short time and only saw one change in flight path which did bring aircraft nearer but still heard nothing.

Archived