Renault Monte Carllo 2005 - Installing Child seat & Anchors

Andrea6860

Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum,

According to an advert for a SH Monte Carlo it is on a Renault Master chassis and has one additional belted travel seat. The only downside I can see is that the seatbelt on the single seat has the upper anchorage against the wall of the MH and as MH seats tend to be flat and soft the seat belt may not hold the car seat onto the seat adequately. Try fitting the car seat and then seeing if you can pull it sideways off the seat. If you are not entirely happy with the way it is fitted then either seek expert help possibly from wherever you purchased the seat or a retailer who sells that make.

An alternative would be to put the child seat in the front passenger seat, assuming it is possible to disable air bag if required. You or your partner would then have to sit in the rear belted seat. This may be the better option.

HTH,

Keith.

PS And moved to Motorhome Matters :D

Oh thankyou very much, when it arrived last night I had a look at it with my daughter, and without expert advice yet, just by looking we thought we may have to use the front seat the seat as the rear passenger seat does not look adequate, my daughter has a 19 month old now but if she was to have another child you would need to secure 2 children, assuming she ever wants to use it,! you can't go very far on the Isle of Man.. (lol) , and then there is the legal point of 2 adults and 2 children though it has four seat belts, the Denver book says 4 berth 3 designated passengers? with 4 belts..I am a bit mystified, just have to do research on reversing cameras and even if its possible to get a top storage to put the awnings in, I have no idea how my husband thinks we can fit stuff in it and sleep in it with that all on the floor bagged up, this is going to be very interesting for sure tee hee he wants to go to Spain and Portugal.

Some good points from Kieth, I sometimes forget not all vans are as good for fitting child seat as our globecar.

IIRC the Monte Carlo can be had with three or four (including driver) seats.

If you are determined to carry a 'load of junk' ;-) with you then I would assume you leave bed fixed in place to give extra storage under whilst traveling.

Archived