TPMS

steveandlisa

Hi,

Not much feed back on this thread so I decided after reading various reviews and after some deliberation to go for it, I`ve ordered the "Tyrepal solar 4" usable upto a maximum of 99psi. Reviews seem very good and some insurance Co`s will offer a discount if used so I`m guessing they can`t be all bad :-)

I`ll offer up more information as to its performance as and when I start motoring B-)

regards

Steve

Hi mate.

Just to chip in, I've TPMS built in to my car and I love it, it's a great feature, it also chimes if one tyre drops too low (sounds like the Tyrepal).

I've looked around for something to put on the MH but all the cheapy stuff on eBay (via China) put me off a bit.

Interested in the system you've just bought though! Please do keep us posted B-)

Hi buddy,

Exactly my thoughts too when I started looking on the web, there`s an awful lot of "chinky" stuff out there on the market although they are clever little buggars >:-) Anyway that's why I`ve opted for the Tyrepal solar 4, they`re a subsidiary of Wheel Solutions Ltd a UK based company ;-) The solar 4 model isn't exactly the cheapest @ £99 compared to some of the Chinese models though.

Byeee

I've had a Tyrepal system for nearly three years. Ace piece of kit. Bought it because our last MH didn't have a spare tyre, so I wanted to keep an especially close eye on what was going on. Also provides individual tyre temperatures as well as pressures. New van has a spare wheel, but still swapped over the system for peace of mind.

Oh and the alarm system works well too.

Amazing how much the pressures rise when travelling fast in hot weather, likewise the individual temps.

We've got the TB99 set-up, which was new out at the time - no problems and no need to replace any batteries yet, so all good. Think I paid about £99 + p&p.

http://www.tyrepal.co.uk/products/tb99-4-or-5-wheel-tpms

• 4 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge and bought the same Tyrepal Solar 4 system, got a discount for being a club member too.

Installed it today and I must say, first impressions, very very impressed!

The install was a breeze, took longer to get the plastic wheel trims off and on again than it did to fit each valve lol *-)

It's well engineered, seems like a good quality bit of kit, thanks for the inadvertent recommendations everyone B-)

We installed TPMS after having two blow outs on two separate occasions on our motorhome whilst travelling to and in France. The second for definite would have been picked up as a slow puncture had we had TPMS installed saving us the cost of a new tyre to replace the exploded old one, which is more expensive than the Tyrepal system.

We have been using a Solar 4 since the beginning of year now and have been fairly impressed with it. The sender unit locking system is an improvement over our previous TB99 unit and is easily undone to allow tyre pressures to be adjusted, without removing the wheel trims, this was very fiddly on the TB99 as it involved a grub screw and Allen key which always stopped in a difficult position to get at and often involved removing the wheel trims, a right pain in the a...e just to top up the pressures. For me this was a very important point as having to take of fragile wheel trims just to top up or release pressures was a big no no!

Haven't had to charge the main unit since installing, charged fully before use as in the instructions, as the Solar charging panel seems to keep it topped up well, not sure what will happen whilst the screens are up more often in the winter though. Seems a decent piece of kit that has so far worked well.

If I had a complaint it is that the silicone 'sticky' pad provided with the unit is the same size as the TB99's and as the Solar 4 unit is larger it overhangs the pad, probably not a problem if you have a convex surface but on our dash it is flat so does cause a problem as it is not held as securely as the TB99 was.

Also I found that the signals from the wheels were blocked when fitted in the same position as the TB99 but by relocating the unit it has worked fine, problem was when I first installed it I thought I had a defective unit!

I did contact Tyrepal and explained the difficulty with the undersized 'sticky' pad but unfortunately it fell on deaf ears, so wouldn't like to say what aftersales will be like, they didn't leave me with a good impression.

I would though still recommend as it does what it is supposed to do, and it does it well much improved on the previous model.

Bas

Archived