Dangers of layby parking...

madguy4

Well i went to Shrewsbury on sat night and it was late by the time i got there..i couldnt find the place i was stopping so i found a nice layby out of the way that wouldnt cause anyone a nuisence..after about one na d a half hours i was watching tv with a glass of wine when i heard a load bang...i rushed out side to find someone in a car had thrown a shoe at the fromt of my van smashing the drivers headlamp..i heard them cheering and laughing as they screeched away....now i was in a bit of a dilemar....should i stay there unsure of wether they would return and get more aggressive or should i move on knowing i had had a couple of drinks??

in the end i decided to move on......i was sure that it was best even though i had a smashed light and had a few drinks.....

Luckily i found a stop a few miles down the road but this isnt something i would want to happen again.....i,ve had the usual shouts and stuff before but this was a bit more worrying.....

Has this happened to anyone else?????

You have now learnt lesson that I did, also the hard way, don't drink if you are parking in layby or similair as you may have to move.

We had parked at calstock in cornwall after asking in local shop, went for a few beers, as evening progressed there was a noticable tension in air which eventualy escalated into what can only be discribed as a mini riot, as said riot moved towards van we had choise of sit it out and hope for best or move on, we moved even though we both were proboly over limit.

I for one would never be able to sleep in comfort in a lay by or some form of car park, its just not worth the hassle in this country, and I am sure if I found a deserted spot in the Highlands, I would be disturbed by an irate farmer, perhaps its me, so its sites or CLs for me. Unfortunatly what many people forget is that law and order is breaking down in this country, and yobs know they will not be punished, give them an ASBO and its treated as a badge of honour. chas

I do agree that I never contemplate staying anywhere but on a site or CL in this country, but have no hesitation in France.

I do remember one occassion by the river in the centre of Auxerre on a Saturday evening, in company of about 3 othere 'vans when the football came out. A large number of fans passed by the 'van - and they totally ignored us - a bit nerve racking though. I guess they weren't playing an English team.

:-D

I blame TV. Too many programmes about bad behaviour. It is the quickest way of spreading the ways that delinquents behave, so egging each group to exceed the bad behaviour in their neck of the woods.

Now I have a cable TV box, you would be surprised how many chanels are devoted to speeders, crooks, drunks, thieves, idiots, etc. And they are not all from USA. >:-(

There are problems here with disciplin as in the US but the law people dont't handle it the same.

You have to consider that this "Country" is a kin to a "City in the US. Most US "Cities have a problem.

This "Country" has a problem.

The real tragety is that 'nonsense' employs people. This country could be changed tomorrow but 2/3 rds of the Legal Profession would be unemployed. To keep that trade in employment 'nonence' is permitted.

AND REMEMBER WELL VIOLENCE BOOSTS BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!

bill h

Wingpete - 2006-12-04 4:35 PM

I blame TV. Too many programmes about bad behaviour. It is the quickest way of spreading the ways that delinquents behave, so egging each group to exceed the bad behaviour in their neck of the woods.

Now I have a cable TV box, you would be surprised how many chanels are devoted to speeders, crooks, drunks, thieves, idiots, etc. And they are not all from USA. >:-(

The problem with t.v. is not that the programmes are too violent but that it is too good (in the UK) compared with other countries in Europe. (I know there is a lot of drivel on it). And because parents sit there gawping at it they are not aware / can't be bothered what their brats are doing. Make them responsible for the kids actions and they might just drag their eyeballs away from Eastenders or whatever and keep an eye on 'em. It's also their responsibility to check what programmes their kids are watching.

Archived