Rouen Christmas Market

michele

Way to go ,

thanks for the link Question where does one park camp at this time of year ? any other suggestions . Do you have to go early . ie, 2 dec . have a problem the children dont break up from school that early .

the old ones don't want to go . So it's just us and the 2 girls would love to go and see any but unfortunately if it snows have trouble with the wheel chair. Don't wish to do that much driving ... Any market just over the otherside would do with xmas atmopshere. fill up the van Brugge looks beautiful just worried about electric hook up as we rely on the microwave for the little one. Dont want the generator upsetting people especially at xmas peace & good will and all that .. any help appreciated ;-)

the ski trip for my son is out of the question as the respite home is full up .

The aire de service at Brugge is near to the railway station, a 15 min walk to the city centre. Parking is free, there is a fresh water tap but NO electric hook up. If a hook up is essential try Camping Memling which is a full facility site, probably a 30-40 minute walk to the city centre, as an alternative there is a bus stop about 5 mins walk from the site, the bus goes straight to the city centre. Brugge is a lovely city, we were there a few weeks ago, the Xmas market and ice rink were being made ready.

You may find this of some interest :- 

Visit the Christmas markets in Bruges.

Stalls selling everything from decorations to traditional arts and crafts surround the ice rink in the medieval square with a smaller market situated in the Simon Stevinplein.

From the 2nd December to 6th January 2006, the Market Square is transformed by the magical Christmas markets held in the city each year.

Visit the Christmas markets in Ghent.

Up to 50 stalls selling everything from decorations to traditional arts and crafts line the square of St Baafspleni, whilst an ice rink is set up in the nearby Emile Braunplein.

From the 9th December to 24th December 2006, the centre is transformed by the magical Christmas markets held in the city each year.

Visit the Christmas markets in Antwerp

Stalls selling local products and original gifts are set along the Groenplaats whilst an ice skating rink is set up in the Market Square under the shadows of the gothic cathedral.

From the 9th December to 23rd December 2006, the Groenplaats and Market Square are transformed by the magical Christmas markets held in the city each year.

Visit the Christmas markets in Lille (France)

Stalls selling local products and original gifts are set around the Grand Place with its illuminations, merry go-round and big wheel.

From the 23rd November to 28th December 2006, the Grand Place is transformed by the magical Christmas markets held in the city each year.

This was copied and pasted from a web site and I can't spend any longer trying to get the formatting correct - you should be able to pick up the general gist of it.

I hope this is considered in the right place .

I would like to thank MEL E for Seclin on the A1

enodreven Bruges Way to go for all the links . we have managed to book the shuttle although did rather leave it until the last minute nearly missed the boat. so to speak . Going to try and do some markets hopefully all.

Then dare I mention it off to find the snow which caused the rumpus over the last thread silly me.

Thanks guy's much appreciated . Merry Christmas & a peaceful new year to you all.. good health ;-)

Archived