Rapido 987M o/s mirror shroud repair.

Guest bill h

Some of you may remember mine fell off one evening whilst sitting indoors!

It was suggested returning to the supplier under warranty ? I certainly wouldn't believe it just 'fell off' so why should they?

I rectufied the problem quite easily some while ago and forgot to say being rather busy.

The 3mm fixing holes in the alloy bracket I drilled and tapped to 6mm. Then drilled clearance holes in the the same position in the plastic shroud.

Two 6 mm stainles screws and leather washers to take up the shroud radiu. Fitted from the outside. Looks good. Job done.

bill h

Yes I had thought about the n/s mirror shroud, its likely to get more wacking from bushes and branches, I did give it a pushabout but all seems OK, so was the other one but it still FELL OFF!

It was easy to fix the o/s shroud as it was already off, but it did appear to me that removing the shroud in the convential way may not be so easy.

The heads of the two fixing screws are behind the glass mirror and pass through the alloy bracket and thread into the plastic cover. I have'nt checked that the mirror itself may be easily removeable.

I guess that they occasionaly have to be replaced so there must be a way.

The snag is that factory fitters have special tools for some jobs.

I can at least remove the repaired one to see how its assembled.

Watch this space with a new thread.

bill h

Archived