Campercontact App

Jack

I have purchased the 'Full version' downloaded onto my Samsung tablet and I'm struggling with some aspects. Is it possible when you have decided on an Aire you can access the co-ordinates or even the address. I.m sure I must be missing something. Is there a user guide available?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack.

Although the CamperContact database is very good sadly the app is slow, clunky and bug-ridden.

An example of one of its worst features is when using the (barely legible and jumpy) offline map to view a site's details; you have to zoom and pan down through multiple layers to get to the scale that allows you to see the individual sites in an area then having selected that site and viewed its details you are ejected back up to the top map level at country level to start again! It's unusable in my view.

My solution is to load the CamperContact POIs into MapsMe and use that app to do all the map-related scanning to find a site that you may be interested in. Then just use the site's number in the search function of the CamperContact app to view its details and photos. Works great.

Thanks for the replies.

What happens when I 'click' on the motorhome marker on the map is that an information bar appears at the top of the map giving:

Name of site;

Guide Price;

Rating;

Max. number of places;

Open from;

There is no further info available ie I'm not able to scroll down the page.

Jack

Eureka! I had got that far previously and had 'clicked' on what I had considered options to try only not the right one! The 'contact' one did not seem appropriate!!! Many thanks.

I will also have a look at Park4night, thanks.

The option of linking the campercontact POI to Mymaps sounds good, but my 'techno' knowledge is some what limited to try and achieve that, thanks anyway.

Jack.

Archived