IN BOARD WATER TANK SEAL

GDUB

I have a converted Citroen Relay. The fresh water tank is inboard. On the top of the tank is a large screw threaded cap. When I fill up from the outside if I don't check inside the vehicle, water comes out through the cap inside. My thoughts are that there should be a seal inside the cap. If so could anybody let me know where I could get one from.

Hi..

The tank on a previous van was similar(large ,coarse moulded screw thread, with no "seal").but I was able to make an "O" ring using a proper kit that I had..

Maybe the likes of CAK Tanks, sell suitably sized seals tho'?

http://leisurelines.net/water-fillers-filling-accessories--access-caps-132-c.asp

('only appears to have one seal on that page though...)

Having said that, whilst messing about with it, it would also be worth looking at installing a bulkhead fitting into the side of the tank and an overflow tube? (something that I intended to do, but never got 'round to).

Hi, have you checked where the overflow outlet is..there should be one somewhere towards the top of the tank on the side, and should obviously prevent overfilling. Ours is approx 2 inch dia, and set as close to top of tank as possible.

being so large, we tended to throw away a lot of water due to surging around corners etc, so i have almost closed it off to limit wasted water.

when filling, we monitor the level through the big top hole, and communicate via voice and signals to "shut it off quick".. and therefore dont need any special washer..

tonyg3nwl

Archived