Best sites for getting into central London

Gazelle

Has anybody got any recommendations for sites around London? The Crystal Palace site is full the weekend we want to go & we would need to be in central London by about 8am on a Sunday morning, so good public transport links are important.

Hi and welcome to MMM forum.

I think the answer rather depends on what part of the country you are coming from, and also whether you want to be within walking distance from the bus/train services, ot take the motorhome and park at a station.

I notice you say Crystal Palace CC site is 'full', and assume you are a CC member. Firstly I would suggest you phone the wardens there, as on numerous occasions the computer shows the site full , but there are actually a few spaces still available,....in fact we are currently on a site which showed full on the wesite on Monday last (Bristol), and I called looking for a, pitch for last night, and they found us a space, then when we arrived I asked if anything available for tonight, and yes they said that's no problems.

If Crystal Palace is in fact full, the other option may be Abbey Wood, where there are regular train services into central London, and is a 10 min max walk to the station. The site is just off the Dartford Crossing on the M25.

There are also sites in Northern parts of London periphery, but I don't know the details as they are not ones we would use from where we live, and I am not sure of transport links, we like to leave the MH on site.

Hope this helps.

We use the CL at Newbury Park .. It's within the LEZ though. There is some hard standing if you ask when you book but it's outside the CL Site itself which is all grass. It's about a mile to the Underground so we use our bikes. We have walked it but after a day in London it seems more like 5 ..

Archived