create space for radio

tonyg3nwl

Hi Folks, I am looking for somewhere to mount my Ham Radio mobile equipment and keep on looking at the drop down central locker in the cab

The radio measures 10 inches wide, 12 inches deep and 5 inches fron panel/ It could possibly be fitted in the space currently occupied by the drop down locker, but the problem is that I cant see how to remove the dropdown locker completely

Is there anyone out there who has information regarding the fittings etc, and whether it can be easily removed. a diagram for example (Nick Euroserve for example??)

Obviously I dont wish to do it in a destructive manner, as it would have to be restored in the event of vehicle sale

is there a suitable handbook or service manual.

thanks

Tonyg3nwl

ps Base vehicle is FIAT X250

Don't forget that behind the central drop down locker is where the pollen filter is located.

I've replaced mine which involves a certain amount of dismantling of the locker.

Obviously, installing anything in this space will prevent access to the pollen filter. So best to replace the filter prior to installing the CB equipment.

If you search MotorhomeFun there is a post by Techno which describes the procedure of dismantling the locker with pics.

Archived