Stainless Exhaust - where do you get them?

StuartO

I replaced the front pipe on my 2006 Fiat-based Hymer last year (not bad, over ten years service) and the whole system will need replacing soon.

I got a stainless system made and fitted for our last MH but it's so long ago I can't remember where.  Does anyone know a reliable source, ideally not far from East Anglia?

On my evening walks around campsites, I often ponder exhaust systems on Fiat 250's. The exhausts seem to terminate in many different ways.

Any one know why, what would seem to be a basic Fiat item that generally terminates just rear of the cab, comes in different endings ? Have I answered my own question in thinking that the Fiat terminates at the silencer, and the rest is up to the converter ?

Rgds

The outer skin of my x250s silencer came half off the other day. Why is it always raining when you have to crawl under the van for emergency repairs, or in this case an emergency "wrench off"..

The inner skin is sound and I've been aware of the outer skin coming away for a couple of years. Two months on salt laden alpine roads every winter probably hasn't helped. 50,000 miles for the record.

Kev

exhaust.jpg.7b589570cf800434d51f4ac5d2f20c74.jpg

I think I've found a solution reasonably close to home in Norwich.  They quoted £550 for a complete system (no cat converter on my MH) and i think that's acceptable.  I'm getting a quote from another firm near Stowmarket to check.

It seems there are two nationwide franchises for stainless exhaust, Power Exhaust and Longlife - and they may actually be the same company.  There seems to be a big market in bespoke stainless systems for cars so there is plenty of activity and welding skill to tap into.  I'll report further idc.

Archived