Fiat corroded sensor box

Knaus

Hi

The engine management light came on as we were leaving for a 4 day trip. After reading through the Fiat manual we decided to go. The light remained on for the whole journey there and back approx. 3 hours.

We took it to the Fiat dealer and they found that the wires inside of the sensor box were corroded. Fiat knew about this problem and have a fix for it costing £500 as it has gold terminals. Luckily our van is only 18 months old and therefore is covered by the warranty. I guess Fiat haven't made this public knowledge as the cost of doing a call back would be so expensive.

To be honest, i am confused.

The blue joint known as 'rusty junction' is under the fuse box and applies to Euro4 and Euro5 X250 vehicles up to the latest facelift. When the new front end was introduced, all of the electrical connections were changed and have been reliable. Because this vehicle is under warranty, I wonder if it is the latest shape and therefore a new problem? In any case; the problems that i have seen are definitely not a 'sensor box'; whatever that is.

Knaus - 2016-10-24 11:06 AM

. Luckily our van is only 18 months old and therefore is covered by the warranty. I guess Fiat haven't made this public knowledge as the cost of doing a call back would be so expensive.

I'm puzzled how someone can produce a vehicle with a sensitive assembly of parts in a box and fit it one of the worst places possible.

Will86 - 2016-11-03 3:55 PM

Knaus - 2016-10-24 11:06 AM

. Luckily our van is only 18 months old and therefore is covered by the warranty. I guess Fiat haven't made this public knowledge as the cost of doing a call back would be so expensive.

I'm puzzled how someone can produce a vehicle with a sensitive assembly of parts in a box and fit it one of the worst places possible.

Good afternoon,

Here , Here old chap, my thoughts too.

norm

Archived