Truma air con.

ant-75

Clive.wragg@btintern - 2016-10-29 11:25 AM

Thanks Bill I was trying to decide if a/c is worth having. Clive

Hi Clive. as my post above, unless you are going to spent loads of time in high heat, then considering the weight, not really worth the cost. Take a small fan with you.

PJay

Don't worry, Clive, saying it twice doesn't make it any more true.

If I can afford it, I always go for air conditioning. Yes, you can use a fan and a bowl of ice but, for efficiency and convenience, go for aircon. Not needed much in UK, though!

Robert

I had a 12 volt roof cooler (worked on evaporative cooling) in an earlier MH and 240 volt dometic aircon in the current one.  The former didn't seem to work much and the latter works but is noisy as well as needing EHU so the OH won't let me run it at night.

But mains aircon does at least work and in a hot place on EHU it's wonderful.

The downside is that even mains aircon has limited cooling ability, so in a 7 meter MH just one a/c unit isn't really enough to get proper cool - it just takes the edge off the heat.  It would make a big difference at night if your OH was more tolerant of noise.  The units are heavy, so you gobble up payload.

We've had our MH eleven years and used the a/c relatively infrequently and only when abroad.  Would I fit a/c to a new MH?   Probably not.

Hi Clive, as you will read there are quite polarised views on aircon! We have had it on our last three vans, one was the underseat version and the other two roof mounted fresh lights which have the clear roof light built in. We use it surprisingly often in the U.K., just to cool the van a bit at the end of an afternoon or when we leave the dog in the van. In Spain this year it was invaluable, temps inside van was over 40 degrees and it cooled it down to a manageable low 20's. So if you have the payload, don't begrudge the expense, then I would go for it. We have it ordered on our new van that we get in Feb.

Good luck, Bill

Archived