Dehumidifier - Help!

joebra2

I don't think a dehumidifyer left on in the van will be very effective as a means of keeping the damp out of the interior as quick as the dehumidifier dries the air it tales through it a similar quantity of damp air will be pulled in from ourside via the permanent ventilation and the van heating intakes; the latter you could of course close. It seems to me that it would be like bailing a leaking boat! Better to leave some trace heating on and use the van occasionally, even taking it for a 20 mile drive with the heating full on would help.

Thanks for the advice. Its not really for when it is stored which at most is 3 weeks at a time it for when we use it this time of year and the heating, in the morning water seems to be cascading down the windows and walls. We do leave the roof vent or a window open slightly but this time of year its a bit to cold.

Thought a dehumidifier in the van whilst we are in it would do the trick.

Cheers :-D

• 2 months later...
Have just returned from a w/e in the mh and bought a small dehumidifier using peltier tech'y and takes 72W @12V connects into mains with adapter and despite a cold night on saturday with the unit sat between the front seats and a home made curtain on stretcher cutting off the body of the mh we had slight condensation under the blinds on the double glazed windows but none at all on the cab windows and I emptied 1/2 cup of condensate from the unit.Unit make is Prem-i-ere. :-D

Archived