Real enemies of the people? add your own

Violet1956

I've nicked the concept for this thread from Buzz Feed as a light diversion from our usual discussions on all things Brexit particularly the decision of the High Court and yesterday's headline in the Daily Mail.

The best place IMHO for serious or political comment is on the Brexit Apocalypse thread.

This is just for fun so I'll start it off with one of my pet hates which I have pinched from Buzz Feed...

The real enemies of the people are those that leave After Eight wrappers in the box.

Veronica :-)

Archiesgrandad - 2016-11-05 10:14 AM

The real enemies of the people are those who watch a programme on tv about how much you can save by shopping in Lidl, and then go online to place the weekly order with Waitrose.

AGD

Why would you prefer to use Supermarkets inherited by Germany's richest men, shown in BBC documentaries to use secret date codes to ignore stock rotation and Health and Safety, than a British Mutual or plc?

John52 - 2016-11-05 10:31 AM

Archiesgrandad - 2016-11-05 10:14 AM

The real enemies of the people are those who watch a programme on tv about how much you can save by shopping in Lidl, and then go online to place the weekly order with Waitrose.

AGD

Why would you prefer to use Supermarkets inherited by Germany's richest men, shown in BBC documentaries to use secret date codes to ignore stock rotation and Health and Safety, than a British Mutual or plc?

John can I ask you to just give us a humourous contribution about who you would choose as a real enemy of the people in the spirit of this thread. You might want to say someone who tries to limit a thread who is not a moderator is a real enemy of the people I know but at least it would make me smile.

Cheers

Veronica

The real enemas of the people are those pains in the posteriors who lack any forms or senses of perspective and humour.

Other enemas of the people are those who only agree with elections, referenda, court decisions, judges comments, MPs comments etc when they happen to coincide with their own views.

Yet more enemas can be found expounding their views ad nauseum on the various pages of Chatterbox, taking umpteen pages to say what could be said in one paragraph.

The real question is - why is the world full of such enemas?

Tracker - 2016-11-05 2:36 PM

The real enemas of the people are those pains in the posteriors who lack any forms or senses of perspective and humour.

Other enemas of the people are those who only agree with elections, referenda, court decisions, judges comments, MPs comments etc when they happen to coincide with their own views.

Yet more enemas can be found expounding their views ad nauseum on the various pages of Chatterbox, taking umpteen pages to say what could be said in one paragraph.

The real question is - why is the world full of such enemas?

I hope Dave P will forgive me for saying that I suspect he would agree with you that anything that enters your backside is an enemy of the people. Nice to see you on here Rich.

Veronica

Violet1956 - 2016-11-05 3:19 PM

I suspect he would agree with you that anything that enters your backside is an enemy of the people. Nice to see you on here Rich.

I've not gone away yet Veronica!

I may be struggling at times, but I still look for an opportunity to be an enema of the people!

I increasingly see plenty of opportunity to be 'enematic' but I also find that more often than not I see little point in bothering as there seems to be so many entrenched views and so little willingness to accept change.

Tracker - 2016-11-05 3:38 PM

Violet1956 - 2016-11-05 3:19 PM

I suspect he would agree with you that anything that enters your backside is an enemy of the people. Nice to see you on here Rich.

I've not gone away yet Veronica!

I may be struggling at times, but I still look for an opportunity to be an enema of the people!

I increasingly see plenty of opportunity to be 'enematic' but I also find that more often than not I see little point in bothering as there seems to be so many entrenched views and so little willingness to accept change.

Sorry I meant on my silly thread! :$

Violet1956 - 2016-11-05 3:48 PM

Sorry I meant on my silly thread!

This is not at all a silly thread - but it is something that chatterbox used to have in abundance but has lost in recent times - the ability to be light hearted, a bit daft maybe, and to laugh at oneself without being uptight and out of sight!

So as it stands it looks like thee and me against the world!!

I've just sat through Countryfile, Strictly, Monkey World, and Poldark. I am now enduring Humans, and then it will be Silent Witness, at the behest of my beloved CG. Only then can I turn the wretched thing off and go to bed.

The real enemies of the people are the ones who make all this junk television and put it on Freesat.

AGD

Archiesgrandad - 2016-11-06 10:34 PM

I've just sat through Countryfile, Strictly, Monkey World, and Poldark. I am now enduring Humans, and then it will be Silent Witness, at the behest of my beloved CG. Only then can I turn the wretched thing off and go to bed.

The real enemies of the people are the ones who make all this junk television and put it on Freesat.

AGD

Now there is something we can agree on. Worra load of tosh. Now did anyone catch the X Factor results? :D

Violet1956 - 2016-11-07 7:58 AMThe real enemies of the people watch a F1 race on TV from start to finish. What’s wrong with them, surely just the last lap of the front runners would do? ;-)

Nah, we're just a bit sad, that's all!  I watch programmes about steam trains too.

The real enemies of the people are those with children, usually called Jonty, who protect them obsessively in public places, for example by grabbing them and holding them out of harm's way while our Dalmatian bitch trots past disinterestedly in the park.

I'm training Poppy to sneak up and sniff the adult's crutch while they are busy doing this.

Archiesgrandad - 2016-11-06 10:34 PM

AGD

Err, not quite - the real enemas ot the people are those who watch this unmitigated crud.

If nobody watched it the companies would soon stop making it.

I don't have your problem - I can sleep anywhere anytime - and the joy of the current crop of crud is that I get plenty of opportunity!

Every silver lining has a cloud!

For me it's gaggles of young (usually obese) mothers with double prams who walk 3 abreast on the pavement, while puffing away at their fags, and refuse to move. They are usually adept at de-skinning your ankles and have a great command of earthy Anglo Saxon. 

And ... we pay them their "Social"!

Mobility scooters - or granny racers as we call 'em - are a real pain in shops and on pavements.

Perhaps they should all take the same course in driving skills at the fairground that mums with prams appear to have taken?

Then we just have to devise a way to limit unsuitable inter breeding by the clinically stupid and we won't have either a population or a benefit crisis in years to come and Brexit won't be needed after all?

Tracker - 2016-11-07 9:40 AM

Mobility scooters - or granny racers as we call 'em - are a real pain in shops and on pavements.

Perhaps they should all take the same course in driving skills at the fairground that mums with prams appear to have taken?

Then we just have to devise a way to limit unsuitable inter breeding by the clinically stupid and we won't have either a population or a benefit crisis in years to come and Brexit won't be needed after all?

The real enemies of the people are those who criticise the less fortunate who need to use mobility scooters, without thinking that one day they might need to use one.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2016-11-07 10:31 AM

Or folk that can't take (knowingly) a tongue in the cheek reply to what was trying to be a light-hearted thread.

I'll get back to hibernation now, it's got chilly here.

Dave

Don't desert us Dave help us get this back on track-here's another

People who insist they have battened down all the hatches yet always forget the one in the loo. :-)

Tracker - 2016-11-07 9:40 AMMobility scooters - or granny racers as we call 'em - are a real pain in shops and on pavements.Perhaps they should all take the same course in driving skills at the fairground that mums with prams appear to have taken?Then we just have to devise a way to limit unsuitable inter breeding by the clinically stupid and we won't have either a population or a benefit crisis in years to come and Brexit won't be needed after all?

Careful Tracker, there's a contributor on here who takes offence at the use of "stupid" in cases of loss of faculty which was not congenital because he's a carer of one such.  In his view such victims are not stupid and it is offensive to him to say they are.  The politically correct description of intellectual handicap needs to be described with conspicuous compassion and no attempts at humour are appropriate.

Come to think of it, the real enemies of the people are those who wish to expand the boundaries of political correctness and exercise a right to be offended and to demand retraction and apology, even when no offence was intended and their demands are actually a way of attention-seeking and of demanding public sympathy for their misfortune. They are unfortunate of course and the subject of their care even more so, but demanding attention and compassion as of right and banning the use of words?

And I agree that those who take to mobility scooters as convenience transport and fail to use them safely and considerately are also enemies of the people.  There's a bloke with no legs in our Town who drives a mobility scooter and behaves abusively to everyone in his path and drives into people if they don't jump out of his way; I'm thinking of sabotaging his scooter and leaving him with a skateboard, to bring him down a peg or two.

StuartO - 2016-11-07 8:44 AM
Violet1956 - 2016-11-07 7:58 AMThe real enemies of the people watch a F1 race on TV from start to finish. What’s wrong with them, surely just the last lap of the front runners would do? ;-)

Nah, we're just a bit sad, that's all!  I watch programmes about steam trains too.

The real enemies of the people are those with children, usually called Jonty, who protect them obsessively in public places, for example by grabbing them and holding them out of harm's way while our Dalmatian bitch trots past disinterestedly in the park.

I'm training Poppy to sneak up and sniff the adult's crutch while they are busy doing this.

Jonty isn't probably allowed to watch Disney videos where the true evil one was Cruella de Ville. ;-) Veronica

Dave C - 2016-11-07 9:48 AM

The real enemies of the people are those who criticise the less fortunate who need to use mobility scooters, without thinking that one day they might need to use one.

Oh dear - looks like someone has had a sense of humour by pass!

Read it again dear chap, and tell me where I criticise anyone who uses a mobility scooter, but I do criticise those who ABuse a mobility scooter - and I agree, chances are I might need one one day.

Another enema of the people are the media with their constant use of the 'C' word to enhance their dubious tales.

Children may be the future of what tries to pass for journalism these days - but to me at least an adult life is just as important and a childs life.

Archived