caravan club and motorhome ferry bookings?

fesspark

The clubs have negotiated discounts with some of the operators because they book large numbers of ferry crossings. Numerous other agents offer similar discounts - though some may pass on less of the discount than the clubs. The number of discounted crossings they are allowed to sell per crossing is limited by the ferry companies.

One thing to bear in mind is that if you need to change the time or date of your crossing, especially at short notice, you may have some trouble.

The only person who can change a ferry crossing is the booker, and if you book via an agent it is the agent (including the clubs), and not you, who is the booker. The only way you can change a booking made via an agent is through the agent, and they then have to make the change and confirm back to you. This takes time, and it is possible that the number of discounted places for your revised crossing will all have been sold, in which case you would have to pay the full standard one way charge.

If you stick to your schedule you'll be OK, and if you can give adequate notice of any change the agent should be able to accommodate you, albeit you may incur an admin charge. But, it will be wise to avoid phoning to make the change on the day, or the day before, if you can. Worth checking the agent's conditions on this when booking, just to be sure.

fesspark - 2016-11-07 12:17 PM

Can anyone explain to me how I can book a return ferry with the caravan club via brittany ferries to france and it is £120 cheaper than the quote for the same trip rtn in a m,home,Rip off?

Don't understand your question here.

Are you saying it's £120 cheaper going direct, £120 cheaper through Cravan Club or are you saying it is £120 cheaper in a Car/Caravan than a Motorhome?

Mike

fesspark - 2016-11-08 11:32 AM

I am saying if you book a motorhome through the caravan club to Caen it works out over £120 more than if you book a car and caravan, identical booking day and time.Why I am saying the car and caravan take up more space?

I think you have answered your own question!

It is called the CARAVAN CLUB . We find their sites more suitable for caravans than motorhomes, as they are often in the middle of nowhere

I am saying if you book a motorhome through the caravan club to Caen it works out over £120 more than if you book a car and caravan, identical booking day and time.Why I am saying the car and caravan take up more space?

There’s no point in trying to approach ferry discounts on a purely rational basis (eg. that an average car+caravan combination takes up much more deck area than an average motorhome, so the motorhome fare should be less) as the opposite way round is just the way that the arrangement between Brittany Ferries and the Caravan Club (CC) works.

As will be seen from this link other ferry companies have arrangements with the CC that involve different discount criteria

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/overseas-holidays/offers/ferry-offers

It's Caravan Club! I think they get some ferry companies to give free caravan passage so consequently you only pay for the car-therefor difference is car price & motorhome price due to size etc-wrong but that's the way the Caravan Club operate.

Archived