Electroblock clicking noise and no fridge

chris

We plugged the van into electric and the electroblock unit was clicking noisily. I checked all fuses but ok. When off electric there is no noise. Whilst away for weekend we found fridge not working at all; piezo gas lighter on hob not working and lights over kitchen so this is all in same area of van. There is a connector to the electroblock with wires into it which seem to be for the refrigerator. Any observations from anyone as to whether this is an easy fix or not. Thanks.

The clicking noise when on EHU 230v is usually related to the mains Charger PCB output being isolated from the battery for some reason? Not usually an EBL issue.

The loss of Fridge and the other circuits also sounds like an issue outside the EBL, assuming fuses are good, rather than an EBL fault?

If you put the two issues together, it is doubly unlikely to be an EBL issue, more likely a wiring/connector/fuse problem in the Motorhome itself?

If you do want to remove the Elektroblock to send to Germany, then our 'Schaudt' web page has a step by step section on EBL removal and refitting : http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/schaudt-elektroblock.php

Brilliant. Thanks aandcaravan.... your response is much appreciated. It's a shame we don't live nearer to you. Sounds like I have to take it in somewhere to get the connections checked

.not sure where mains charger PCB is etc so it needs the experts now but glad I don't have to send it away. Thanks ever so much. Christine

Try replacing the Yellow 20A fuse for the charger, usually on the far left of the EBL marked up "Internes Lademodul". Swapping it with any 20A Yellow fuse, maybe the Kompr/AES Fridge one, temporarily to see if that stops the relay Clicking?

Disconnect 230v EHU before you do anything.

If that doesn't fix it don't leave the EBL clicking the relay, you will wreck it, just pull the mains Kettle lead from the front of the EBL (a Large Black plug with fat White lead going to it, wiggling it very gently as you pull) and the clicking should stop.

This wil allow you to use 230v EHU without damaging the Charger.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for long wait for update. I strongly regret going to local firm. They removed the electrobloc and found fault in it. The fault was in the built in ovp section. They had it packed ready to send to an English electrical firm and I wavered by mentioning sending it to schaudt. I regret I agreed to send it to the UK company now. It was 4 weeks before we had our van back. This firm had to learn how to fix it? We waited 4 weeks and were charged the pleasure of losing £420 to go with it. Next time I go back to my main dealer or contact manufacturer of parts. I have learnt my lesson the hard way.

£420??

We could have got you a new Elektroblock EBL 101 at £380, we are Schaudt distributors, on 7 days delivery from Germany.

We charge £270 for a rebuilt EBL 101 unit, in stock (12 of them) available next day delivery.

A repair, and we already know quite a lot about them, would have probably set you back just £130.

Had you come to us as suggested above we would have sorted it the same day.

Chris, I hope you get no more problems, but if you do, bear in mind we are quite different to most companies. We don't have a fixed workshop, but work out of two local Caravan sites and pay for your first nights stay on one.

So if you can turn the visit into a short/weekend Break, it can be a little more pleasant than a visit to the usual Dealer.

Stunning views from the Tan y Bryn site overlooking the Sea :

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=6089

As Mrs Wilde said yesterday, it is almost worth the visit just for the view.

Mr Wilde liked the idea that Penrhyn Bay was one of the best Sea Bass fishing beaches in the UK and maybe the Sea Bass are the reason we have a small Seal Colony at neighbouring Angel Bay?

We are happy to work on the vehicle while you are in it, so you can watch what we do if you wish.

Most people tend to ask lots of questions while we work, hopefully going away with a bit more knowledge about their system than before.

Most Elektroblock work takes around 2 hours, leaving you plenty of time to explore Conwy, Swallow Falls, Anglesey, etc

See our 'North Wales' page, it covers things to see and do in the area, possibly useful even for those not planning to visit us : http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/north-wales.php

Hope, for your sake, we don't get to see you, in a nice way.

Archived