Autotrail Apache700 Dim Warning Light Problem

trail66

Monique

In the UK Fiat will provide a free-of-charge software revision for Ducato X290s that will cause the instrument-cluster backlighting to illuminate when the vehicle’s ignition is switched on. This is NOT a recall: the owner of the vehicle needs to ask Fiat to carry out the software revision.

This was covered in this November 2016 discussion in which you participated.

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/fiat-dashboard-lighting-/45838/

I don't know if Fiat offers the software revision to non-UK Ducato X290 owners - though I would have thought they would.

My left-hand-drive (LHD) Ducato X290’s speedometer is probably more visible in daylight than the speedometer of right-hand-drive (RHD) X290s, although it’s still not easy to read. It’s possible that drivers of LHD X290s that will normally have a simpler kilometres-only speedometer-face (rather than the dual-scale mph/kmh speedometer-face normally found on UK RHD Ducatos) find poor speedometer visibility less of a problem. Or perhaps UK X290 owners are just better at complaining and/or more concerned about how fast they are travelling. ;-)

Archived