Qpod legality

chas

I guess it must be legal as its sold as such and licensable in the UK. But my big concern having tried to lift one off a tow hitch at a show on their stand is the sheer download. Its very heavy. About half the weight of the QPOD is on the towball as it lifts the front wheels of the QPOD off the ground for towing. When you combine this with the long rear overhang on many coachbuilts its not much different to adding the full weight of the QPOD to the rear axle loading of the Motorhome. If you are thinking along these lines do some weighing and some calculations.

Its not an "A" frame. Trailer perhaps?

C.

When i first saw the Qpod I thought it was an excellent concept and neat solution but it fails trailer law on the brakes sadly. As it has brakes fitted they must operate on an over-run device and have auto reverse disengagement. When I looked at them several years ago they had no over-run coupling fitted so no brakes when being trailed=not legal.

I could be tempted to put one of their two seater sports jobbies on a trailer behind a camper though, they look like so much fun!

D.

Archived