'94 Rimor on Ford Transit

Guest Frank

Guest Frank
Hi I've got Rimor Ford Transit camper and I have a problem with squeeking over the cab.Even on a smooth road it squeeks.We have tried pumping grease between the cab and overhead luton and also replaced the outer seal between them, but still can't stop it.Has anyone come across this problem regards Frank

Guest Bill Ord
Hi, I had a similar problem on my Fiat based Autotrail Cheyenne 635. Chelston at Middleton Cheney had experience of the problem, and quoted £500 as it was an eight hour minimum to strip cab roof lining to get to the problem. But they suggested that I try injecting building foam into the cavity by drilling holes in the overcab bed board. I did this and also found that by pressing on the overcab bed board near the edges that I could make the board squeek. I assumed that this was partial delamination of the board and I fixed this by inserting screws at the place it squeeked the idea being that it held the board rigid again. This resulted in a big improvement but when I injected the foam (two large cans) I had a complete cure. I was ultra careful in injecting the foam and did it a bit at a time till the foam issued from the injection hole before moving to the next hole. As your vehicle is a Ford base there are obvios differences but the general principals are the same. It's very difficult to pin down where the actual squeek come from and I was very grateful to Chelston sevice manager for the tip. Bill Ord

Archived