Engine Management Light

mel64

You need the codes read, that is, a computer will be connected to your van and will "talk" to the computer on your van. Codes will be shown that show what the computer thinks is wrong.

Probably nothing wrong and just need the codes resetting, unless you know someone with the right equipment it's a main dealer job I am afraid.

H

Surely if someone has the equipment to read the code then they can reset it?

I'm not sure I'd be very quick to go down the main dealer route unless you want to spend a lot of money replacing something that doesn't need replacing. My Peugeot Boxer will give an EGR Fault if the wind is blowing at the exhaust when I turn the key and it doesn't fire first time but my mechanic clears it and it stays off.

Dave

Any half decent Garage should have a code reader and the job takes seconds to get a readout. I've needed the facility three times on different vehicles and was never charged. The last time was a Garage in Belgium who found the electronics on the fuel pump had gone. As that pump type was no longer available it meant an early return back to UK. I've since had it replace with a Bosch mechanical pump.

When I had the same problem my local garage wanted to charge fifty quid to check and clear fault codes so I bought one of these myself for about thirteen quid as it came with a booklet of generic codes and I cleared it myself.

I've since used it a couple of times on X250 Peugeot 2.2 engines without problems but I understand that it does not seem to work on all vans or for everyone.

Amazon will refund you if it does not work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Maxiscan-Engine-Scanner-Diagnostic/dp/B01DVRE2M0/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1481564966&sr=1-3&keywords=maxiscan+ms300

Tracker - 2016-12-12 5:46 PM.

I've since used it a couple of times on X250 Peugeot 2.2 engines without problems but I understand that it does not seem to work on all vans or for everyone.

Amazon will refund you if it does not work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Maxiscan-Engine-Scanner-Diagnostic/dp/B01DVRE2M0/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1481564966&sr=1-3&keywords=maxiscan+ms300

I bought one of these for a 2013 build 2.2 litre Boxer and it works well. I have also used it on my daughter's 2007 Skoda Fabia. It claims to be OBD2 compliant and so if your van is OBD2 (and from its age it should be), then there should be no problem.

Archived