Camping cheque

Caddies104

Hi

For info for those who use Camping Cheques, they will be changing in the new year, they will be a bit like the Acsi in the way that the sites will be either 15/17/19 Euro's and instead of loading your Silver/gold card with cheques, you will load with cash...Extract below from Camping Cheques

Each site is now priced at either €15, €17 or €19, depending on its quality and facilities. For the 2017 season and beyond, Silver and Gold Cards will function as debit cards onto which a value of money is loaded, rather than individual Cheques.

How does this affect my existing Camping Cheques?

Paper or digital Cheques priced at £14.95 that are bought before January 1 2017 will be honoured and valid until the original expiration date and accepted throughout the Camping Cheque site network. In other words, you can use Cheques just as you did before. You won't however, be able to extend the life of your Cheques after they expire.

How do I purchase Camping Cheques in 2017?

Unfortunately, the Caravan Club Contact Centre and website are no longer able to support transactions on Silver and Gold Cards. Silver and Gold Card holders can load a monetary value onto their cards via the Camping Cheque website and this will be in euros only.

We tried them for a couple of years, but did not find them very good, apart from having to upfront the money to the organisation (which you will still have to do), there where not many sites i the area, s we wanted . OK in France , but not much good in Spain

Will stick with ACSI , , it suits our style of camping.

PJay

I must agree with PJay. We used to use Camping (and Touring) Cheques but changed to ACSI several years ago. We find ACSI more flexible and there is little money to spent up front.

I believe that the sites also prefer ACSI because they receive their money immediately whereas with Cheques they have wait to be reimbursed. At least that was how it was explained to me a few years ago by a Camping Cheque site inspector.

But, thank you Caddies 104 for taking the trouble to post the information. :-D

Cattwg :-D

Yes, we had info from CC yesterday about the changes, and although not using them, did read - well scan - the info, and thought it seems very complicated.

We used them several years ago, and even then found them too inflexible. ACSI system so much easier, and I still think better value.

Wonder how much use there is for Camping cheques now, and indeed how widespread the acceptance is. Interesting that I did query a while back with CC when sending updates on continental sites we visit, as to why they didn't quote ACSI acceptance in the listings. Seems too much trouble for them , although they do show Camping Cheques acceptance!

Keith T - 2016-12-14 10:29 AM

Wonder how much use there is for Camping cheques now, and indeed how widespread the acceptance is. Interesting that I did query a while back with CC when sending updates on continental sites we visit, as to why they didn't quote ACSI acceptance in the listings. Seems too much trouble for them , although they do show Camping Cheques acceptance!

Maybe something to do with Advertising and Money???

Always found The CC still mostly suited to Caravans A lot of the sites are in out of the way places, and you need transport to get anywhere.

PJay

hi. This seems like a way for camping cheques to collect a lot of money from you at the start of season, hold it in their bank until you ultimately use some of it at a site. That is some form of credit holding.

as also said, with the paper system, they did not reimburse the sites until the end of their season. again acting like a bank, delaying payment till end of season. The site we have used said they will still recognise the cheques, but the special discounts of 14 nights for 11 cheques would be discontinued. If we paid cash, they would do the discounted rates .

this is a better way as the cash stays with us until we pay the bill, not risk losing it if campingcheque were to vanish.

tonyg3nwl

Thanks for posting the information. We've used camping cheques from time to time. Have a silver card which is reasonably convenient.

Agree that ACSI is more flexible and has about five times as many sites. But there are a few places we like to stay that accept camping cheques, but not ACSI.

Archived