Hymer654, where is our leisure battery?

dogmad

We're new to motorhoming having been caravanners for 5 years. We bought our P plate Hymer privately in Oct and now we can't find the location of the leisure battery. As we've had an alarm installed since we bought the van the battery is now going low. Can someone advise us please?

Hi

Most vans (Certainly on Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot base) seem to have their leisure batteries under one or other of the front seats. My Fiat based A class has one under each. The drawback with this setup is that you often need to remove the seats to service them. If you had a vehicle type alarm fitted, this would not affect the leisure battery anyway, as they are always wired in to the vehicle starter battery.

Dont forget that if you plug your van into the mains, you have an onboard battery charger that will charge your leisure battery over a few hours. Just make sure you check the water level in the battery first. If it wont hold the charge for long, it is probably time for a new leisure battery.

Hope this helps!

Hi Dogmad, I have a 584 LHD so the drivers door is on the (uk) nearside, the leisure battery is located under the passenger footwell, that is to say where you step in to the van via the drivers door the battery is on the exact opposite side I would think that if your a RHD you would have yours on the opposite of mine. I hope this is clearer to understand than I think it sounds.

oorgiz.

Problem solved, you were right, thanks very much oorgiz. Thanks also to John and mickt for trying to help.

After reading this forum for the past few months I knew I could come here for an answer to our mystery!!!!!

Kind regards,

Carol & Paul

Archived